NEED STEERING CONTROLS AND PADDLES FOR SKDOA RAPID PQ25

Forum to discuss the Skoda Fabia
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Re: NEED STEERING CONTROLS AND PADDLES FOR SKDOA RAPID PQ25

Post by exantas »

I don't know what this code stands for maybe email the seller and ask.

Now if the button will work, I provided the information I have found on the subject but I haven't tested this combination myself. The decision is yours.

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Navein
New
Drives: Skoda Rapid

Post by Navein »

exantas wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 pm I don't know what this code stands for maybe email the seller and ask.

Now if the button will work, I provided the information I have found on the subject but I haven't tested this combination myself. The decision is yours.

Thank you for your valuable suggestions sir , will by them too..

can you see the Ebay link about the Fabia steering as mentioned below looks very similar to my car and has DSG PADDLES Does it work.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/SKODA-FABIA-VRS ... 2#shpCntId
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

If your car is PQ25 platform, I would think it would work. But again this is a guess that I am making.

Navein
New

Post by Navein »

Hello All

Any more suggestions on my case ?
Navein
New

Post by Navein »

Hello Friends

I am not getting reply from you guys for a very long time.

Did Some get any PM from Indian Retrofitters not to help me.

they have done the same here.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Tell me who those Retrofitters are, I'll eat them in 0,1 seconds. :twisted: (I have "gods" for breakfast every day :lol:)

There does not always have to be an answer, we try to do our best for anyone, but it is not always possible due to a large number of inconveniences.
Among others, you do not provide all the information that would be necessary to do enough research to find the best solution or one solution for your MFSW.
Moving control units from one platform to another is not easy, someone has to discover the information for it, and for this you need data, diagrams, images, etc ...
We can imagine what is happening with your MFSW (what has already been explained) but we cannot be absolutely certain.

We sincerely regret that we cannot help you better for free.

Speculating doesn't make sense, work hard to find the best solution for your MFSW, don't expect someone to do it for you.
Navein
New

Post by Navein »

ciclo wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:38 am Tell me who those Retrofitters are, I'll eat them in 0,1 seconds. :twisted: (I have "gods" for breakfast every day :lol:)

There does not always have to be an answer, we try to do our best for anyone, but it is not always possible due to a large number of inconveniences.
Among others, you do not provide all the information that would be necessary to do enough research to find the best solution or one solution for your MFSW.
Moving control units from one platform to another is not easy, someone has to discover the information for it, and for this you need data, diagrams, images, etc ...
We can imagine what is happening with your MFSW (what has already been explained) but we cannot be absolutely certain.

We sincerely regret that we cannot help you better for free.

Speculating doesn't make sense, work hard to find the best solution for your MFSW, don't expect someone to do it for you.
hello Mr. Ciclo

I have already listed their names on my first post ,and again don't want to mention names. Because many of my friends depend on them for retrofits who are in this forum personally spoke to me not to mention names again.

Precisely understood your words , Thank you for helping me till this.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

When possible take pictures like these viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&p=537303#p537303 of the back of your airbag and the airbag wiring.

If you have two airbag wiring take pictures of both.

I need to see the colors of the wires that reach the T5 connector (black), and the T12 connector (yellow), which can be opened by the back side, very carefully, to see which slot they reach.

Please take the pictures as sharp as possible, thank you.
skoda_indian
New
Drives: Rapid PQ25

Post by skoda_indian »

Hi Ciclo and Exantas:

Thanks a bunch for helping out people to this extent. Its really commendable!

I also seem to have a similar query, and I will be grateful if I can be pointed in the right direction.

I have the base trim of Skoda Rapid (PQ 25), and it does not come with a steering having mounted buttons. Even the MFD function is not enabled as there are no controls on the steering wheel or on the wiper stalk (the higher trims in Indian Rapids have the MFD toggle on the wiper stalk).

Now, I have had the benefit of reading your responses on this thread, which tell me which steering controls will work considering my car is based on PQ25 platform. However, the queries were in response to another member whose car already has MFD enabled and has a steering with mounted buttons. Considering that my car has neither of the two, I have the following queries:

1. Can I install a steering with mounted buttons (from the list mentioned above for PQ25 cars)?
2. If yes, do I need to do any special wiring, or will it be plug and play? I understand that I will be needing a new airbag harness as my current harness does not have the black cable for mounted controls. Anything else?
3. If I choose to opt for a steering which has MFD controls on the right side, can I use it to access MFD data?
4. If yes, do I need to do any special wiring, or will it be plug and play?

Happy to share detailed pictures with part numbers, as required. Sorry for the long post, thought it will be good to provide all the information in one place for your consideration.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

skoda_indian wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:26 am 1. Can I install a steering with mounted buttons (from the list mentioned above for PQ25 cars)?
2. If yes, do I need to do any special wiring, or will it be plug and play? I understand that I will be needing a new airbag harness as my current harness does not have the black cable for mounted controls. Anything else?
3. If I choose to opt for a steering which has MFD controls on the right side, can I use it to access MFD data?
4. If yes, do I need to do any special wiring, or will it be plug and play?

Happy to share detailed pictures with part numbers, as required. Sorry for the long post, thought it will be good to provide all the information in one place for your consideration.
1: Yes you can, depending on whether your steering wheel is mechanically capable of mounting the buttons
2: you'll need to run two wires to your stalks/slip ring connector (one to the BCM, one to the fuxe box) and indeed an adjustment of the airbag wiring harness. And code it with i.e. vcds
3. Yes
4. You also need to enable this with i.e. vcds, no further wiring needed.
skoda_indian
New

Post by skoda_indian »

iichel wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 am
1: Yes you can, depending on whether your steering wheel is mechanically capable of mounting the buttons
Thanks. The current steering wheel is not mechanically capable. Buying a new steering wheel as well.
iichel wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 am 2: you'll need to run two wires to your stalks/slip ring connector (one to the BCM, one to the fuxe box) and indeed an adjustment of the airbag wiring harness. And code it with i.e. vcds
Can I please request you to point me to a thread/post where this procedure is explained in detail? Thank a lot for your inputs!!
iichel

Post by iichel »

Sure, here it is:
MFSW.png
MFSW.png (313.47 KiB) Viewed 11579 times
mfs_+12_linbus.jpg
mfs_+12_linbus.jpg (7.51 KiB) Viewed 11579 times
skoda_indian
New

Post by skoda_indian »

Hi Iichel:

I finally managed to do the wiring and coding on my 2020 Rapid TSI (PQ25), but even after the wiring, the MFSW doesn't work or light up. Even the horn doesn't work. I have verified that the LIN wire from the BCM and the +12v wire from the lightswitch are getting power, yet nothing works. Also, the steering buttons are also compatible.

Could it be the airbag harness? Will be very grateful if you can help me out here. Brief details of the part numbers set out below:

Car: Skoda Rapid 2020 - PQ25
BCM: 7E0937089D
Steering controls:5E0919719C
Airbag Harness: 5JA971584

Please let me know if you need any further info. Thanks a ton!
skoda_indian
New

Post by skoda_indian »

Managed to do it!!! :D :D There was an error with the LIN wiring. Fixed that!
iichel

Post by iichel »

That's in a bit of contrast with your post just a few hours earlier. But I'm happy you solved it.