NEW CAR WHICH ONE

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!

new car dont know what to get?

vrs fabia
22%
ibiza fr
19%
new face lift polo 130 pd
59%

Total votes: 27

gordysmit
New

NEW CAR WHICH ONE

Post by gordysmit »

please help me pic one. Moveing soon I want a new car 3 years warranty needed and you have got to look at that i will be doing 20k a year .So which one to pick and which one will lose more money
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

TBH its really down to what make/style/looks you are after,
Seat seems to be the sportier part of VW,
IMO the 9n2 doesnt look that good :roll: , if i had a choice now, it will prob be the Ibiza FR , thats 160brake isnt it? while the other 2 are 130?
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

carmadaaron wrote: if i had a choice now, it will prob be the Ibiza FR , thats 160brake isnt it? while the other 2 are 130?
No, the FR is 130bhp TDi, the Cupra is 160bhp TDi.

Just buy a Cupra, if you buy an FR, you'll only be kicking yourself 3 months down the line for not getting one.
gordysmit
New

Post by gordysmit »

May be but you will have to take in to considertion the car will be doing 20/25k year in miles and i dont want to lose that much money in 3 years time [ quote="Nelson_Wilbury"]
carmadaaron wrote: if i had a choice now, it will prob be the Ibiza FR , thats 160brake isnt it? while the other 2 are 130?
No, the FR is 130bhp TDi, the Cupra is 160bhp TDi.

Just buy a Cupra, if you buy an FR, you'll only be kicking yourself 3 months down the line for not getting one.[/quote]
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

If you don't want to loose that much money, your probably better off skipping the new car idea altogether :roll: and getting something about 6 months old that has already lost the bulk of its money.

Out of the FR, GT and VRS, the VRS will probably hold its value better.
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

It's a shame you won't consider used, as my Ibiza would be a great little car!

The Fabia is the best put together, but has white seats and 5 doors, so I was put off. If you don't mind 5 doors and can get some Scotchguard, get the Fabia. If you are like me and couldn't live with it, buy the Ibiza.
gordysmit
New

Post by gordysmit »

Nelson_Wilbury wrote:If you don't want to loose that much money, your probably better off skipping the new car idea altogether :roll: and getting something about 6 months old that has already lost the bulk of its money.

Out of the FR, GT and VRS, the VRS will probably hold its value better.
just looking at a skoda vrs and there £11500 black with xeons that what i want but looking at new and there only £12000 ish from driveadeal.com
dxg

Post by dxg »

I'd say go for the Skoda. The Polo's overpriced to start with (even more so when you see it doesn't have traction control) and I think the Seat will suffer the most from depreciation irrespective of its greater inital power.

Just my 2p. Too early to really tell, though.

Deek.