Side airbags, you now have to pay for them!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Side airbags, you now have to pay for them!

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Why do Volkswagen do this, on the 9n you had twin front and side airbags as standard across the range. For the 9n3 you now have to pay extra for side airbags.

This is supposed to be one of the safest cars in its class, if ncap re-test it, I doubt it will get four stars again. If anything VW should have specced up the car with front side and curtain airbags as standard.

Des
dxg

Post by dxg »

Blimey! You're right!

This is what the press pack says:
In addition to the Polo's standard airbags, customers can specify Volkswagen's curtain airbag system, for extra protection. In the event of a side impact crash, airbags open up along the side window surface to protect the head and upper toprso of the window seat passengers. Side airbags are also a low cost option.
(My emphasis)

I really must get that review written at some point. Friday's my last day at work, so somewhat busy atm unfortunately. Hopefully next week!

Deek.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

yeh i noticed that in the options list.

makes me feel better now :lol:
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I saw one on the road the other day, looks nice in the metal but airbags should be standard in all cars.
cjdriver
New

Post by cjdriver »

I think the curtain airbags are different to the side airbags wich are fitted in the side of the front seats.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

They are different, they run down the doors of the car, behind the door cards... they are completely different to side airbags!