gti

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
M7
Gold Member

gti

Post by M7 »

spoke to vw dealer yesterday and according to them if a GTI comes out it will be a 150bhp engine.
they said VW were seriously considoring it as they didnt do a 9n gti.

they seem to make the gti out of the facelift models, 6n2 and hopefully 9n3

fingers crossed!!
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

The dealer I just ordered from said the Polo GTI will be announced in November/December this year and it will definitely be the 1.8T producing 150bhp.

There may also be a 170bhp TDI version of the GTI sometime in 2006 but that is not confirmed.

The dealer said they are most concerned about the price as it likely to be very high for such a small car. The 130TDI Sport that I have just ordered is costing £16,500 with options - very steep for such a small car but I just didn't want a Golf.

I'm sure the GTI will look FAB when it arrives.

Alistair
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Oh yes. It will be cool 8)

Can't wait!
gordysmit
New

Post by gordysmit »

veedub-ally wrote:The dealer I just ordered from said the Polo GTI will be announced in November/December this year and it will definitely be the 1.8T producing 150bhp.

There may also be a 170bhp TDI version of the GTI sometime in 2006 but that is not confirmed.

The dealer said they are most concerned about the price as it likely to be very high for such a small car. The 130TDI Sport that I have just ordered is costing £16,500 with options - very steep for such a small car but I just didn't want a Golf.

I'm sure the GTI will look FAB when it arrives.

Alistair
you must be mad ordering a 16.5k for a polo as i ordered a VRS fabia with all extras for 13k
veedub-ally
Bronze Member

Post by veedub-ally »

Well..... like I said, I didn't want a Golf and I didn't want a Skoda. It is a lot of money but I can afford it and its what I want so I'm happy.

A :)
gordysmit
New

Post by gordysmit »

veedub-ally wrote:Well..... like I said, I didn't want a Golf and I didn't want a Skoda. It is a lot of money but I can afford it and its what I want so I'm happy.

A :)
dont get me wrong they are nice and i was going to get the old one i meen not the face lift but for the money i ordered a vrs for the money and what you can do to them i just sold a gttdi in jan for a S3 witch i sold to get a new car as S3 was useing a lot of fuel " but if your happy with the polo sod any one else and enjoy the car dont for get to get it remaped 185 bhp"
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

Does anyone know if this is going to be the new gti or just a votex bodykit?

dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

I'd say that was just a kitted up sport model. Looks damn sexy
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

that looks so sexy!! - surely it must be the gti because you can't get zenons on the polo at the mo, but if you look the bumper has the washers for headlights built in, so surely the car must have zenons? ie - gti
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

would there not be a GTI badge on the grill though, if it was a GTI?
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

The headlight washer cut out might be a blank and i was also going to say there'd be a GTi badge on the grille
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

You can have washer jets without xenons. They were part of thw Winter Pack on the 9n, i'm sure it would be the same for the new one...however i have never looked at the brochure for this one.

Also doubt they'd bother putting "blanks" for headlight washers on. They're just headlight washer caps that sit flush with the bumper.
Vdubber
Sponsor

Post by Vdubber »

When the Polo GTI comes out im sure it wont be the 1.8T engine.

I think it would probably be the 1.4 supercharged turbo engine they are putting in the Golf GT TSI.

It kicks out 168BHP and in a golf thats 0-60 in less than 8 secs plus a return of 39.2 MPG. (40+ in a polo) Thats just mad!!!
Alex_6n2
Gold Member

Post by Alex_6n2 »

omg i have found my next car... i want one now! :lol:
Crisis
Bronze Member

Post by Crisis »

It WILL be the 1.8T as seen in the previous Golf GTi they did test the engine with 225BHP... results... not very pleasant!

But still I want one. And if they do the Cup (IF) it should be 4WD for ultimate tune-a-bility.