Standard Stereo... I've Stumped the VW Dealer...

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
thisisjames
New

Standard Stereo... I've Stumped the VW Dealer...

Post by thisisjames »

Hey everyone.

First post alert, so be gentle :) Just graduated and landed my first "real" job so I've ordered a new Polo S, which I'm sure will be far, far off the spec of most on the board but it's a modest start and my first new car so I'm happy enough about it!

Not too fussed about making too many mods to start with, but the thought of having a new car without my iPod wired straight in isn't a nice one! I've decided that the Dension Ice>Link is the best solution, but I need a specific connector for the car's head unit.

Does anyone know which head unit would be fitted as standard on the Polo S? Perhaps anyone with the previous model which seems pretty much the same inside? I've asked the dealer, they've had books out, phoned VW, but no one can seem to come up with a definite answer!

There's no major rush as the car isn't due to arrive until early October, but I'm getting itchy feet sitting around doing nothing, so this is my project for now :D

Many thanks in advance!

James
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Unless you've specced the headunit to a GAMMA it'll almost certainly be a BETA - hope this helps?

Mole
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

The Beta and Gamma are no longer available on the new Polo, they were cassette units.

The New Polo and I think this goes for all models gets the single slot CD player RCD200 double din unit, now as most RCD units are made by Blaupunkt the same could be said of the RCD 200.

The same Denison unit as available for the Golf should be applicable to the Polo but double-check with Denison first.

Des
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

There you go then, shows how out of date I am :lol:
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Thanks for that info, something to remember :D
thisisjames
New

Post by thisisjames »

Hey all, thanks for the answers!

I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works now though, because VW have just got back to me and say that the car comes with a GAMMA stereo...

James
Nelson_Wilbury

Post by Nelson_Wilbury »

mole wrote:There you go then, shows how out of date I am :lol:
LOL! :lol: I didn't know that either :oops: Getting too old for this game :P