POLO 9N3 L.E.D Sidelights & Number Plate Lights

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
umar-dub
Silver Member

Re: POLO 9N3 L.E.D Sidelights & Number Plate Lights

Post by umar-dub »

Polo96CL wrote:Are the sidelights as blue as they look in the picture? I'm looking for some for the 9N3, but want ice white, not blue.
Why the look blue in my picture as the high beam bulb has a blue tint on it and the sidelight once one must reflect of the blue tint which gives it the blue effect. If that makes sense. Otherwise they are cool white as others have mentioned.
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

samcherrett wrote:Fitted the interior and number plate bulbs earlier this evening and they look so much better!! Thanks for these mate
Thanks mate. If you ever need any other L.E.D bulbs give me a shout.
Gti1927
New

Post by Gti1927 »

Got some interior bulbs today and wow what a difference they make. Thanks again umar!
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Gti1927 wrote:Got some interior bulbs today and wow what a difference they make. Thanks again umar!
No worrys bud thanks for the patience :)

Haha telling me!! Its like daylight in the car
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

BUMP. STILL HAVE LOADS MORE FOR SALE. STOCK CLEAR OUT
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Still Available. Loads Sold With Alot Of Satisfied Customers :)
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

Silly question im sure, but i dont know these things... Can you get HID's in both dip beam as well as full beam?
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Mr Blobby wrote:Silly question im sure, but i dont know these things... Can you get HID's in both dip beam as well as full beam?
As i sell xenons and do H.I.D/Xenon Kits as a trade (http://www.xenons-r-us.com) they are ideally used for dipped beam. The reason because when the xenon bulb switches on it takes atleast a few seconds for the bulb to get bright. So if you decided to put a xenon kit in to your high beam when you flash they wont be much of a flash unless you keep flashing maybe on your 3rd flash you might have some light. Also xenon lights are really not designed to keep switching off and on hence why i wouldn't recommend them in your high beam.

Add me on facebook to see what polo 9n, 9n3 and 6n2 look like with xenon/hid kits :)

email addy: mr-h.i.d-man@hotmail.co.uk

Hope the above makes sense :)
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

Has anybody had failure issues with LED sidelights (in general, not the ones for sale here!) since they share a reflector with the high beam bulbs? I used to shy away from these because I can imagine the heat being too much for them, but if they cope then i'd be interested in a pair of 501s :)
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Ben90 wrote:Has anybody had failure issues with LED sidelights (in general, not the ones for sale here!) since they share a reflector with the high beam bulbs? I used to shy away from these because I can imagine the heat being too much for them, but if they cope then i'd be interested in a pair of 501s :)
To be honest with you i haven't not had a problem on any of my polos (In the family we have: 1x polo 6n2, 2x polo 9n3 and 1x polo 9n) All of which have the L.E.D sidelights and never have they burnt the actual chrome inside the headlight or damaged the high beam bulb (H1) Also as my father runs a chauffering business (Mercedes & Audis) they also have the same L.E.D sidelights never been a problem.

Please note im not bragging about the L.E.D bulbs i sell..I you search for my name on ebay (xenons-r-us) and check the feedback :)
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

Good to know, again I'm not questioning the quality of your bulbs, merely wondering if it were fundamentally flawed to put plastic LED's (no matter how well they were made) 20mm from a 200c high beam bulb and expect them to last :P but now i'm sold as these look very good and white which is just what I was after :)

Picked up a set on your ebay, thanks again.
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

umar-dub wrote:
Mr Blobby wrote:Silly question im sure, but i dont know these things... Can you get HID's in both dip beam as well as full beam?
As i sell xenons and do H.I.D/Xenon Kits as a trade (http://www.xenons-r-us.com) they are ideally used for dipped beam. The reason because when the xenon bulb switches on it takes atleast a few seconds for the bulb to get bright. So if you decided to put a xenon kit in to your high beam when you flash they wont be much of a flash unless you keep flashing maybe on your 3rd flash you might have some light. Also xenon lights are really not designed to keep switching off and on hence why i wouldn't recommend them in your high beam.

Add me on facebook to see what polo 9n, 9n3 and 6n2 look like with xenon/hid kits :)

That's awesome cheers, so is it just best to change the high beam bulb to a brighter one that would fit in standard? If so what would you recommend, I've got a 9n3 GTi :)
Thanks again.
Tsineas
New

Post by Tsineas »

Is it just mine Polo that is burning one of them or doing disco style on the number plate lights?

Im on the 6th pair now of 36mm leds and after one week it went again.
I tested with some brand new housings also from WV. Still there burning them.
I have already half beam and fog lights converted with 6k hids and full interior with leds.
Plus changed the indicators with silver bulb instead of the orange color.

Maybe I should test your leds.

Sorry for offtopic, dont know what to do anymore.
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Mr Blobby wrote:
umar-dub wrote:

That's awesome cheers, so is it just best to change the high beam bulb to a brighter one that would fit in standard? If so what would you recommend, I've got a 9n3 GTi :)
Thanks again.
I do the super white bulbs for the high beam for only £10 + postage (£2.50) which is quite cheap considering halfrauds (halfords) charge silly prices for the upgraded bulbs.
umar-dub
Silver Member

Post by umar-dub »

Tsineas wrote:Is it just mine Polo that is burning one of them or doing disco style on the number plate lights?

Im on the 6th pair now of 36mm leds and after one week it went again.
I tested with some brand new housings also from WV. Still there burning them.
I have already half beam and fog lights converted with 6k hids and full interior with leds.
Plus changed the indicators with silver bulb instead of the orange color.

Maybe I should test your leds.

Sorry for offtopic, dont know what to do anymore.
Wow 6th pair!! Iv been on my first set for a good year now :) and never had a problem. Like you I also have all my interior lights changed to L.E.D.

My ones are better then the normal L.E.D there actually SMD which are known to be much better then the LED technology and last much longer aswell :)

Im willing to sell you a pair of mine and if they blow can offer you a refund. So far i have sold over 100's of pairs on ebay and never heard of anyones bulb blowing yet (fingers crossed)