Water leak puddle in my car

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Kaylaa169
New
Drives: 1.4 2006

Water leak puddle in my car

Post by Kaylaa169 »

I’m wondering if anyone can give me suggestions. Some how water is leaking into my car and creating a puddle in the back On the floor of the passenger side and making the front passenger side floor wet. I park on a hill so I think the puddle is forming because all the water is running down that way however it is quite a lot of water. Originally I thought it was one of the windows allowing water in when it rains but I have poured water over the windows and nothing seems to get it. The seats aren’t getting wet from what I can see. Can anyone tell me if the water could be coming in from anywhere else? I’m tempted to take it to a garage to see if they can help.
Bongoboy
New
Drives: POLO 9N3

Re: Water leak puddle in my car

Post by Bongoboy »

Hello,

Does your rear windscreen washer operate OK?

I believe the water supply for the rear washer runs from the front of the car to the rear on the passengers side and there is a joint under the sill trim in the rear passenger foot well. Therefore if this joint has come loose or completely disconnected it could explain the presence of water?

Cheers

Alan
Kaylaa169
New
Drives: 1.4 2006

Post by Kaylaa169 »

Hi Alan thanks for your reply. It does work when I have water in it. That’s a whole new issue, I think I have a crack in my washer bottle as when I fill it up it drips out and doesn’t last long. Just another thing that needs sorting but I think the bumper has to come off to replace it because of the shape of the bottle. I’m pretty sure now it is definitely rain water coming in a couple days ago we had heavy rain overnight. When I got in my car in the morning the whole back seat floor had a huge puddle in it, you could’ve kept a fish in it. I park on a hill so I’m sure it is running from the front passenger floor to the back.
Cal844
New
Drives: 2007 Polo S

Post by Cal844 »

If this topic is unresolved...

Does the car have a sunroof? Possibly the drains choked and the pipes are broken in the B post so water ends up on the back footwell.

Have you checked the boot floor and carpet for water logging? If so I'd suspect the rear light seals or the rear hatch /door seals.

Hope this helps

Cal