lights don't turn on when opening the door

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
damston
New
Drives: 9n3 1.2s

lights don't turn on when opening the door

Post by damston »

Hi guys,
I have a 1.2s 2008 polo, I bought it last year with 150.000km (I'm in France).
When I open the door, the courtesy light doesn't turn on. It works when I push the button (all 3 bulbs light on)
Unlike several posts I have seen, the lights on alarm does work when I open the door with the headlights on. So I don't think it's a problem with the "door switch".

Do you have any idea what could be going on? I've postponed opening up the light unit but the only idea I have is a fault with the switch that would make it not register that it is in the "auto" position.

thank you
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: lights don't turn on when opening the door

Post by RUM4MO »

Hi, has this ever worked for you on this car?

If not, then maybe your car does not have central locking and that is why the interior lights do not switch on - someone else with a similar spec'd car might know is that is a possibility or not.

Edit:- if this should happen, the interior light assembly should have a switch position for "switched with doors" + "OFF" + "ON".
damston
New
Drives: 9n3 1.2s

Re: lights don't turn on when opening the door

Post by damston »

Thank you for your answer :)
I've only had this car for 10 month and it has never worked, but I don't know of a recent car where the light doesn't go on when you open the door :-)

My car has remote central locking, it works.
The switch is on the "turn on when opening the door" position (I tried on "off" too, just too be sure).