Sourcing genuine floor mats

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Sourcing genuine floor mats

Post by Bepis »

I'm struggling to source genuine floor mats for my 5 door 9n3 and all of the skews of floor mats have been dropped by VW. The current ones in my car do not have a label or part number anywhere like OE ones do and given that PR number 0TA is in my vehicle-specific information and labeled as "without floor mats" the vehicle didn't have them from the factory. The securing clips on the driver's mat are starting to fail, allowing movement which is obviously not ideal.

I have got 2 part numbers for floor mat sets being:
Anthracite and red: 6Q2863011CWNS (Dropped in 2013)
Black: 6Q2863011CWGK (Dropped in May 2020 :| )

But I can not find any listings anywhere of full sets new or used or even individual mats. Could it be possible that VW may have some residual stock somewhere? Could the floor mats from the accompanying Skoda and seat models fit as I can't imagine they changed the floor structure massively?

Anyone got any ideas?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Sourcing genuine floor mats

Post by SRGTD »

Do they need to be genuine VW mats? I’ve never thought VW’s mats are particularly good quality, and in my experience, the driver’s mat tends to wear where you rest your right heel.

In your position, I think I’d be considering some good quality aftermarket alternatives. There are a range of different types on the Car Mats 4U website, with a choice of fixings and prices starting from around £19. Link to website;

https://www.carmats4u.com/shopbymodel.h ... 009-310761
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:51 pm Do they need to be genuine VW mats?
Didn't really consider the aftermarket route much as the current ones fitted aren't the best and most of the mats I saw on the likes of Amazon and eBay didn't have the holes to allow them to be fixed in place and only being £10-£20 I expected them not to fair much better than what I've got.

Looking at car mats 4u they're around the right price and given the options they seem to know what they're doing.

Thanks for the heads up :)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

No problem. I’ve not bought mats from Car Mats 4U so can’t vouch for the quality but I’ve seen them get a few positive mentions on other forums. They do sell quite a wide range of varying carpet weights (the heavier the weight, the better the quality) and I’d expect the cheaper end of their product range to be a similar quality to VW OEM mats.

I see that they offer both the current style push/click fastenings that VW use and the older twist type of fastenings as well. You can also customise the mats with if that’s your thing (e.g. carpet colour, edging and stitching colour, add a heel pad to the driver’s mat and add a logo to the mats). Some of the customisation adds to the cost, but IMO they still look to be good value.