Frustrating window problem

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
KellyH
New
Drives: 2007 gti

Frustrating window problem

Post by KellyH »

My 07 Polo gti went in for a service with all windows working and came out with none working!

I’m not technical so asked for help from another garage. They did diagnostics and apparently the system can’t see the windows at all so there is no fault code etc to work from.

Option is a coding issue apparently. Does anyone have any thoughts that could help me when I speak to the original garage (who are washing their hands of any responsibility).
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Frustrating window problem

Post by iichel »

I think it's best to first find out why the car can't see the windows:
Does the module receive:
- Fuses/power
- Ground
- Data (canbus/linbus)

If one module is defective, especially driver door, it could take down the entire system.

Depending on the outcome of the diagnosis, you can judge any next step.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Frustrating window problem

Post by RUM4MO »

Very annoying, but a module could have failed while it was in for a service, and that would not necessarily be that garage's fault, so it would cost you extra to sort it out.
If the second garage has the equipment to check all that car's systems, make sure that they have and not just scanned it with a generic "does all cars" engine only scan tool - which can't find fault codes for modules that it is not built to scan.

Edit:- even if the first garage had disconnected the battery the car's systems should have been able to hold their coding.