(VCDS) Heated mirror activation time

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

(VCDS) Heated mirror activation time

Post by Bepis »

I've been having an issue for a while where the mirror heating activation time adaptation in the central electrics module (09) occasionally sets itself to 0 meaning the heated mirrors are on for probably 13 seconds before the module switches them off. When stationary you would hear a relay click for them switching off without touching the mirror switch.

Whenever I catch it I set the channel value back to 254 for infinite running time which is what it should be as it was made post 05/2002 which allows for them to be turned on and off via the mirror switch only. However, both values of 0 and 254 are listed as out of range but the module accepts them with VCDS even saying 254 for infinite run time.
Channel 03: Mirror Heating Activation Time
Range: 1...253 (0.66...173 min)
Standard (through 04/2002): 29 (20 min)
Standard (from 05/2002): 254 (infinite)
Both side mirrors have been replaced with genuine VW ones as a previous owner decided to double-sided tape the glass back on when it came away from the heating element which explained why my heated mirrors didn't do a lot. I thought that could be the explanation for the heating time being set to 0 so the tape wouldn't come off due to being heated up but coding a module with a diagnostic tool rather than replacing the mirror seems odd.

This also is the only adaptation that seems to reset itself as the ones for rear windscreen heat time and terminal 30 run time don't change.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?