WIndows driving me mad!!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
titch2k6
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.4 2008 (9N_)

WIndows driving me mad!!

Post by titch2k6 »

Hi all.

Had a look around numerous forums but can't seem to get an answer for the issue I am having.

I have a 1.4 Polo Twist (2008) with driver and passenger electric windows. All in all, they work as should apart from the fact that, on occasions, the switches on the driver's door randomly switch functions. For a time, the switch closest to the door will control the driver's window and the furthest the passenger's. Then, with no warning, they will swap function and the furthest will operate the driver's window and the closest operates the passenger's!

I do not believe this is a switch issue. So, I am wondering if this is a CCU issue or the unit behind the driver's door panel that everything connects into?

Has anyone else ever experienced this, and if so, what did you do to rectify the issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Tjjne
New
Drives: 08 1.2

Re: WIndows driving me mad!!

Post by Tjjne »

Not the same problem, but kind of similar. Mine sometimes just Don't work! They just decide when to and when not to work- they'll work with the door open, but not with the door closed and sometimes they'll just work with the door closed. Not a wiring fault so no idea what's up with it.

Hope you find a solution to your problem!
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: WIndows driving me mad!!

Post by Maarten »

I would still check the wires in the rubberbellow between the door and the A-pillar first
This work when open and don't when shut seems like a faulty wire connection
A lot window failures is caused by wire problems
Sometimes it is de windowmotor itself