Over revving on 16v polo at 2000rpm when still ! HEELLPPP!

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
PoLoCrAzZy0708
New

Over revving on 16v polo at 2000rpm when still ! HEELLPPP!

Post by PoLoCrAzZy0708 »

I have recently had problems with my 16v polo :( ... its been cutting out and is rough on idle. Now I have been told to give the throttle body a good cleanout which I have done now ,and seems to be running better just under 1000rpm which was much better then it was be4 as it was going from 1500 down to 1000 then back up again ..

But since cleaning the throttle body it has been ok until today. The idling seems to have gone even worse.. and the car is now over reving when still and making a gasping noise ... idling at about 2000rpm and going down to about 1700 and then back up again. Keeps repeating the same process over n over .

I have also been told that if you remove the battery from the car for at least 3hrs it should reset the ECU and should calm the problem. Now i have done that hoping that it will cure the over reving but it hasnt .. :evil: ...

any1 know what i can do next ?? PLEASE HELP ME :D
ARTHUR16V
New

Post by ARTHUR16V »

Mine did the same mate, kept revving up and down (hunting for revs) did the two things you have done and didn't cure it but the third thing to do is change your engine coolant temperature sender, i did and problem solved :D got mine from the dealer, part code 6U0919501B cost just short of £25. Hope this sorts yours too mate!