Pirrelli wheels

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
91 Polo GT
New

Pirrelli wheels

Post by 91 Polo GT »

Have a decision to make on average condition Pirrelli edition alloy R14 golf GTI wheels - the ones with the 'p' cut outs. It'll cost me £71 to get them to my door - I'll need all new rubber. Firstly can anyone reassure me that these will fot my 91 polo gt? Second - does the cost sound about right? I know they're gonna look sweet. Thanks
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

A set of P-slots for that price to your door ain't bad at all. Good news is that they'll fit straight on your '91 GT. So happy days!! 8)

PS. Welcome to uk-polos! :wink:
91 Polo GT
New

going for a 'hobo' look...

Post by 91 Polo GT »

Thanks - better get my paypal sorted then! Aiming for the look of a blue polo gt I saw on this site a while ago - think it was metalic pale blue with pirrelli wheels and lowered nicely. It had roof bars too. I remember it was labelled the 'hobo' look though that might not mean anything. . Do you know if that pic is still online somewhere - can't seem to find it. Thanks again - great site.
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

Thanks - awesome. Just a window tint and a lowering job to go then...
91 Polo GT
New

More on the pirrelli wheel fitting...

Post by 91 Polo GT »

Have the R14 Pirrelli p slots wheels now - took them to the tyre guy. He put one on and reckons the rims are too near the springs and I need 5mm spacers. He also talked about different size tyre to allow more room. Anyone got an angle on this? Do I need the spacers? What size tyre?
polo pete
Getting There!

Re: Pirrelli wheels

Post by polo pete »

my advice is put the spacers on mate. i found out the hard way when i didnt have them on. i shredded my rear tyres in half and hour by not having them on. the bottom of the coil ate in to the tyre. i thought it was gonna be ok with out spacers until i was proven wrong . ive got mine spaced by 5 and im running 14inch le castellets wih 175/50 r14 rubber and has got a 80mm drop on the rear with no scrubbing but you might have to do some outer arch work so they dont scrub there depending on how low yo wanna go. they dont cost much and i put longer wheels bolts on as well to make sure they are secure.put a pic up wen you get em on mate. i do like the look of p-slots on a coupe especially wen there polished. heres a pic of mine to show what it will sit like.
91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

Thanks guys for all your help. The wheels are now on and look pretty good I reckon. No major rubbing - just over bumps and on hard braking so I've orderred the 5mm spacers just to be sure. I'm going to try and post some pics...Thanks again to both of you.
91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

OK, I am truly being a muppett - how do you get a pic onto a post? I have it all ready to upload but the "img" icon doesn't seem to work....
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

All of us techno-phobes have been there!!! Click the img tab, paste your web url address in-between & presto!

Should look something like [img]http:image_url[/img]

Hope that'll help! :lol:
91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

[img]http:image_http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/91PoloGT/[/img]
91 Polo GT
New

Post by 91 Polo GT »

I give up!
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Post by Torq-Al »

That's better!!! :D

You just need to edit it in photobucket to rotate it, & possibly shrink it too!

Easiest way to copy from photobucket is click on image code (bottom one) underneath photo & paste onto message (right click). Hope that made some sense!! :lol:

PS. Nice clean looking mk3 you have there! 8)