How to disable immobiliser

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
pigsie
New

How to disable immobiliser

Post by pigsie »

Hi all

Our MK3 Polo had been sitting down throughout winter as we were not using it and its MOT expired. I recently had its MOT done, the guys at the garage (less than 200 yards away) collected the car for me and jump started it to get it moving as the battery was totally dead (lights would not come on at all). Anyway I collected the car and drove it around for a while and parked it up. A couple of days later I tried to start the car and it would not start. I naturally assumed that it was the battery and got someone to attempt to give me a jump start. However the car would not jump start and my wife pointed out that it looked like none of the immobiliser fobs were disabling the immobiliser. She suggested that the keys may need re-programming. The problem we have is that as I understand it you need to take the car to a dealer to get the keys reprogrammed but we can't even start the car. Does anyone know how we can disable the immobiliser?

Thanks in advance
akwoody24
New

Re: How to disable immobiliser

Post by akwoody24 »

My alarm/immobiliser went t**s up a while back ie. alarm came on while driving through town cenre. No matter what i did i couldnt stop it messing up, either the alarm would be on or car would be immobilised. I managed to locate the alarm/immobiliser under the bonet and i unplugged everything and then just played hit and miss putting one connection in at a time. I could put one of them in, go turn the engine on, the run back and pull the connection out b4 the alarm rang and that worked. Now that sounds like a faff, i then took it for its MOT and explained it. The mechanic then unplugged it entirely but clipped together 2 of the conections on the loom and now it works as normal and its still like that. I know thats not a great explaination, but i guess if the garage is only 200 yds away there must be one mehanic that knows some trick like that