Polo from up north...

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
tomster
New

Polo from up north...

Post by tomster »

Cheers from up Finland!
Great Forum you guys got here.

I Thought i`d show you my -91 Polo CL which i bought few weeks ago. It`s done 156500km ,1300cc injection,full service history and lots n`lots of documentation from previous owner (since it`s only got one older gentleman owner), No rust and everything works just fine,except it has some idling problem on cold engine but im working on it...

So i think it`s a good shell to improve a littlebit :wink:

I found those 15" rims from my garage, put some summertyres on them and painted those little suckers.Looks better on blacks as on a silvers?? Not really what i want but as a temporarily wheels suits just fine... Those silver 14" alloys on a second pic are wintertyres.
Also found that "retrolook" roofrack whitch was on collecting dust on some buy/sell market. As it was a bit "crappy" and rusty, painted that also (addicted to black spraypaint?). :roll:
Also bought that badgeless frontgrill and clear front+side repeaters.

And yes, i know it`s ridin` too high now... Get that sorted as soon as my new FK 60/40mm lowering springs arrive (hopefully this week).
I´m also replasing those 15`s to e30 bmw 7x14 et35 original alloys with 175 55 r14 tyres. Think it might need few spacers on those bmw alloys also...
But thats a hole new story as those alloys need some TLC before fitting them :roll:

Pics:

Regards: Tomppa,Finland
JPR_polo_gti
Silver Member

Re: Polo from up north...

Post by JPR_polo_gti »

headlight washers? were they on there as standard? nice car btw
tomster
New

Post by tomster »

Yeah... Headlight washers are standard. You guys don`t have those?? I´m thinking to get rid of those...
JPR_polo_gti
Silver Member

Post by JPR_polo_gti »

I've got a polo fox coupe and it doesn't come with headlight washers, I'm guessing it because yours is a different shape?
sylvester
Getting There!

Post by sylvester »

Got a good shine on the paintwork, not too low on the suspension, remember the dirt roads, driven a few of them, mosquitos, they had a good feed too!
tomster
New

Post by tomster »

Got it lowered... FK`s -40mm springs and in front i cutted a half springround? off (don`t know the right word for that).