seen a sky blue mk3 polo coupe?

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
phonebiskit
New

seen a sky blue mk3 polo coupe?

Post by phonebiskit »

Hi,

I've owned my sky blue polo coupe for 4 years and i bought it off a friend who had it for 2 years. In that time i have never seen another polo of the same colour. I also had to buy some paint for it and couldn't find a matching colour in the vw range (although this was halfords). It's a 94, so one of the last they made. It also hasn't been resprayed as i've had major components off and found blue paint everywhere.

was just wondering if there is anything special about the polo. unfortuanatly it failed its MOT quite badly so it may have to be sold to the scrappy.

thanks for any wisdom.
phonebiskit
New

Re: seen a sky blue mk3 polo coupe?

Post by phonebiskit »

i've just seen at the bottom of page five of the mk3 polo picture posts that there is a g40 with the same colour blue body as my polo. has yellow trim tho which i don't... :(
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Thats the metallic light blue ye? If so, my other one is that colour :P

What did it fail on? There isnt much you cant fix yourself on these for very little
MartinB
New

Post by MartinB »

There's steel blue metallic (common on genesis editions) and the baby/sky bluey colour found on late spec Parade edition mk3's... I reckon it's the latter...
phonebiskit
New

Post by phonebiskit »

martin B your right, it is indeed the late parade. (sky blue, definatly not baby blue 8) )

alex perkins, don't worry. i have put the polo to sleep by the side of the drive until i have time to fix it. it failed on a spot of rust thats fixable and also emissions which is probably the exhaust. since i've kept it alive for 4 years i would rather fix it up and sell it for nothing, rather than get nothing for it at the scrap yard.