virgin????

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
wilde.thing
New

virgin????

Post by wilde.thing »

I bought a 92 polo mk3 fox coupe (red but now pinkish after fading )with 57'000 miles one old owner from new (retired mechanic) all receipts etc etc. Apart from a rusty wing its like a new pin. The interior is imaculate so is the body work, engine, everything basically is brilliant.

I'm looking for inspiration to do some euro styling my start point was compomotive th rallys but wit out the blue decals

http://www.chrisastleymotorsport.com/pr ... ts_id=2658

Can you get these wheels for a mk3 polo? will they look good? any ideas on styling? respraying how much will it cost? cost for a new wing fitted and sparayed, pictures of good examples??

All advice / help gratefully accepted
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: virgin????

Post by alexperkins »

Those wheels there will fit on a Mk3. Anything up to a 16(with a push) will fit on there :)

you may find registering on www.polo3.co.uk gives a better response as not many of us on here own a Mk3 anymore. Its me and a few others left now lol!

As for the wing, looking at about 30-40 for a wing from GSF or euro, then probs anything up to £80 to get it sprayed. Its gonna be a pain with the fading paint issue though, so it might be wise to seek advice from a bodyshop, or try and source a wing from a scrappy.