2016 Polo GTI Tyre pressure (and some other stuff)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mrjaffa
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

2016 Polo GTI Tyre pressure (and some other stuff)

Post by Mrjaffa »

Hi guys.

Hope I'm in the right place, excuse my ignorance but only know the car as a Polo GTI 2016. I think that means it's a MKVIII?

I'm looking for tyre pressure. I normally use the kwik fit website but they didn't seem to have it so I used another which had it in PSI as 32 front and 28 back. When I went to do this, I noticed they were quite a bit higher but continued anyway.

I've now, a few days later had a warning about low pressure so obviously need to go back to what they were. What are others using?

I've had the car a few days now, brand new and am loving it. Bit worried about average mpg of 35, but hey, was expected I guess.

I was a tad disappointed to realise voice activation isn't standard, I thought it was otherwise I may have upgraded to it. Can I upgrade to this anytime as it does have the button.

I saw something else online regarding Apple phones, think it was called Apple Play. I've been back through the brochure and couldn't even find this as an upgrade. Anyone use it/have it?

Cheers :-)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: 2016 Polo GTI Tyre pressure (and some other stuff)

Post by SRGTD »

Welcome to the forum Mrjaffa.

You should have a sticker inside the fuel filler flap that holds tyre pressure information. Here's mine;

I don't usually carry more than 1 passenger, so my tyres are inflated as per VW recommendations for 2 occupants; 39 psi front and 35 psi rear.

My long term average mpg for the first 100 hrs of driving (long term fuel computer re-sets itself at 100 hrs) was between 40 and 41 mpg and I now regularly see mid 40's on a good run. Many factors will affect your mpg; e.g. driving style, length of journeys, type of journeys, whether or not the car gets a chance to fully warm up, so difficult to comment on your 35 average figure. However, I'd say that whatever mpg you're getting now, you should see an improvement as you clock up more miles and the engine loosens up.

Voice activation is a cost option that can be specced when ordering the car. Sorry, but I don't know if it can be retrospectively fitted / activated. I don't have Car Net App Connect and again, this can be specced when you order the car. Whether or not it can be added retrospectively depends on the version of your head unit; it seems that it can be activated on some but not others. If you use the search facility on the forum for 'App Connect' or 'Car Net' then you'll find this has been discussed before and should help you determine whether or not it can be added to your car.

Enjoy your car!
Mrjaffa
New

Post by Mrjaffa »

Thanks for the reply bud.

I just inflated them. Got back in the car, still said loss of pressure. So knocked them up another level and still says loss of pressure.

But now I think I need to reset the setting for the thing to reset itself and then it'll go away. Will have to check how to do that tomorrow.

And I have no idea how to know which tyres I have out of those two options, lol. Any idea?

Ta :-)
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Mrjaffa wrote:Thanks for the reply bud.

I just inflated them. Got back in the car, still said loss of pressure. So knocked them up another level and still says loss of pressure.

But now I think I need to reset the setting for the thing to reset itself and then it'll go away. Will have to check how to do that tomorrow.

And I have no idea how to know which tyres I have out of those two options, lol. Any idea?

Ta :-)
The tyre size is given on the wall of every tyre. If you have the GTi then you have the 215 40 17's size wheel.

Once set to the correct pressure you need to go into the CAR menu in the car and choose Tyres. You'll then see an option to say the tyres are now correctly inflated and to reset the alarm.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Penarth Blues wrote:The tyre size is given on the wall of every tyre. If you have the GTi then you have the 215 40 17's size wheel.

Once set to the correct pressure you need to go into the CAR menu in the car and choose Tyres. You'll then see an option to say the tyres are now correctly inflated and to reset the alarm.
Video showing Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) re-set procedure for the mk7 Golf, but this is the same for the 6c 2016 Polo GTI.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X-RRm3-CWB0
Mrjaffa
New

Post by Mrjaffa »

Thanks guys :-)
MR9LT
New
Drives: 2016 GTi

Post by MR9LT »

You're all doing better on economy than I longterm 2K mileage is 24.5MPG!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk