GTI Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

GTI Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Post by NeilMcConville »

Anyone know where i could get a GTI steering wheel for my 1.2 polo? Just the standard one without any buttons
gavs
Silver Member

Re: GTI Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Post by gavs »

Have trawled through teh interweb in plenty of german and so far, only a dealership.
LJG
New

Post by LJG »

there lots of buttons ones of ebay uk why do you want one with out ?
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Would it not be too much hassel connecting it all up? Dont really have much need to get one with buttons, just want a sporter looking ones that is comfy on the hands, my one atm is so rough
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Nope, pretty easy actually, a couple of screws and clips and off the front pops, then you undo a nut, pull old off, refit new and reconnect all electronics:)
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

Please be aware that if your Polo doesn't have the multifunction buttons, then you'll also need to get a new airbag to match the flat bottom wheel! The airbag from a buttonless Polo won't fit the flat bottom steering wheel!

But if your Polo has the multifunction buttons from factory, then the original airbag WILL fit the flat bottom steering wheel.

I had my new unused flat bottom wheel + airbag from a seller in Portugal through eBay, don't know if he's still trading though.
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Literally just commented on your post asking you about a steering wheel :L I dunno what to do cause its not a multifunctional steering wheel, just the normal one :/ the one you have looks so much better and sportier!
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

NeilMcConville wrote:I dunno what to do cause its not a multifunctional steering wheel, just the normal one :/
Simply get one with a matching airbag... :wink: