1.2 Polo Match :D

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Re: 1.2 Polo Match :D

Post by NeilMcConville »

I ordered them off the OrangeTuning website :) That was the cheapest I could find at the time
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

- GTI Rear Diffuser and Upgraded Exhaust
I am after the exhaust atm. Did you manage to find part numbers?
Tbh i think twin pipe alone would be fine for me, dont need whole exhaust system, just want it to look the same.
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Would you not want the back gti diffuser too no?
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

thx for reply but i already visited local dealer :D
The mode will cost something around these lines
400 E bumper
150 E black diffuser
150 E for the twin pipe or whatever they change as well
+ work + painting

i would prolly go for it right away but dealer kept insisting that without side and front gti tuning it wont look good ><
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Hmm, i think it would look fine. And anyways there is little difference in the front, just really the two grills
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

Ye... anyhow i already ordered alloys and R wheel (its actually kinda cheap — 250 E without safety bag). Now just hoping that it will fit on my safety bag else it will be 400 E >< So gti bumper will have to wait, assuming its like 1000E mod — kinda expensive.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

NeilMcConville wrote:Was out there taking out the 'third' bulb from the central light, and now this is the end result :) Pictures aren't great cause its so bright outside :(

You can see that one of the bulbs in the middle is missing but anyone who doesn't drive a polo wouldn't even know there is supposed to be a bulb there :P
Could i ask do your lights still dim down with these bulbs then you lock the car? Are the mirror lights easy to get out and did you change the ones in the rear? It's funny how the owners manual tells you how to change the headlight and tail light bulbs and number plate but they fail to tell you how to do the interior ones :roll:
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Lieto wrote:Ye... anyhow i already ordered alloys and R wheel (its actually kinda cheap — 250 E without safety bag). Now just hoping that it will fit on my safety bag else it will be 400 E >< So gti bumper will have to wait, assuming its like 1000E mod — kinda expensive.
The leather flat base steering wheel is it? Im looking one of these bad, where did you order it from? :o
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Candyman..... Yeah they do dim, they work perfectly :) I never touched the ones in the back because no1 is ever in the bad and i was told that changing the back ones can be a messy process :/ And you just pull out the bracket from the roof for the mirror lights :)
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

The leather flat base steering wheel is it? Im looking one of these bad, where did you order it from?
Dunno what you mean by "flat" but i am after multifunctional R/GTI leather wheel. Some local guys are selling it for 250 Euro wheel 150 Euro airbag. Will be perfect if std airbag will fit, else it will be 400 Euro total.

Here are those guys — they sell everything really cheap — http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 510.com.ua maybe they can ship stuff to UK
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

NeilMcConville wrote:Candyman..... Yeah they do dim, they work perfectly :) I never touched the ones in the back because no1 is ever in the bad and i was told that changing the back ones can be a messy process :/ And you just pull out the bracket from the roof for the mirror lights :)
How come it's messy? do's it not come out in the normal way?? :?
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

I was just told that some lights didnt work and wont work now when the lights are changed back to the original ones so i'm happy enough to just not touch the rear lights :)
jlpolo
New

Post by jlpolo »

Where did you get your wheels from? and did you have to use adaptors?
lesgodoy
New

Post by lesgodoy »

NeilMcConville wrote:I was just told that some lights didnt work and wont work now when the lights are changed back to the original ones so i'm happy enough to just not touch the rear lights :)
I have changed the rear interior lights on mine and havent had any problems with them since. I also searched everywhere for info but couldnt get any on how to take the lights out. So I just went for it. I took pics of where the brackets are, maybe that will help. It is easy to do if you know where they are... Im back in work today, so give me a few days to post pics, maybe by this weekend I will have it done on my thread...
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

jlpolo wrote:Where did you get your wheels from? and did you have to use adaptors?
The wheels are Riva AVS's and they are 17", they fit perfect with no adapters or anything :)