New member - 2011 Polo 1.2 TSI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Re: New member - 2011 Polo 1.2 TSI

Post by NeilMcConville »

Is it? How do they come off? Tbh i dont think she'd mind to much, would look awful though :L:L dunno would vinyl wrapping or painted be better :/
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

Today I finally wired my retrofitted footwell lights to work properly. They now go on/off and dim in sync with the roof lights like they're supposed to. I just soldered the wires to the front roof light connector's pins 1 and 2. Easy peasy.

Then felt like taking some after dark pictures. First the dashboard illumination without footwell lights:

Then with footwell lights on:

Oh yes, also fitted the stainless steel pedal caps: :D

Yet another one, this time with the roof lights on as well:
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Your car is looking so good mate
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

NeilMcConville wrote:Your car is looking so good mate
Thanks! I'll pass your compliments to VW... :wink:
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Hey mate. Really like the car.

I have done the "obvious" TSI badge thing on a GTI grille :D and have to say it looks great !!!!!!!!!! Sorry to say I prefer it to the ABT badge as it looks much more factory !! And yours aint an ABT tuned car no more than it is a GTI !!!! :wink: Sorry just my 2p worth. But I admire anyone with a bit of imagination.

Love what you have done with the interior mods, the steering wheel looks great and I bet it feels much nicer to hold.

Anywhere doing remaps for the 1.2 TSI over in Finland ??
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

B1N9S wrote:Hey mate. Really like the car.

I have done the "obvious" TSI badge thing on a GTI grille :D and have to say it looks great !!!!!!!!!! Sorry to say I prefer it to the ABT badge as it looks much more factory !! And yours aint an ABT tuned car no more than it is a GTI !!!! :wink: Sorry just my 2p worth. But I admire anyone with a bit of imagination.

Love what you have done with the interior mods, the steering wheel looks great and I bet it feels much nicer to hold.

Anywhere doing remaps for the 1.2 TSI over in Finland ??
Thanks for the feedback. :)

No offense taken. TBH I might need to lose the ABT badge after the next winter since it's cheap Chinese chrome and is already heavily pitted from last winter. Going this rate it must look awful come next spring. Naturally I was too cheap to buy a genuine ABT item with proper chrome... :roll:
If I am to change the badge, then it'll be 'TSI' for me too. Could possibly use and mod the backplate left over from the removed GTI badge. But my TSI badge would be in the same font as the 'TSI' on the tailgate, because I personally think that the 'TSI' doesn't work so well in the GTI font... :wink:

I haven't really looked into remapping (yet). Luckily, I should say, as I had the turbo wastegate episode. Might have been tricky with the warranty if the car had been remapped. But as far as I know there should be at least ABT and MTM remaps available in Finland. But I'm slowly coming of age, no need to have the fastest chariot in town... :lol:
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good mate
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Der Finne. wrote:
personally think that the 'TSI' doesn't work so well in the GTI font... :wink:
LOL. Touche !!!!

Sorry mate I wasn't having a go, just being honest. I think the car looks great, but personally I prefer a more factory look, because like you, I aint no spring chicken either !!!! But I do think the car would benefit from a remap, it just feels like it has much more to offer and I would feel better having that red grille up front !!! :lol:
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

I'm finally going to get round to fitting a GTI grille to my 1.2 TSI, I want to go for the same style 'TSI' badge that's on the tailgate. I don't find the TSI stands out enough on the tailgate and people often think my car is a TDI due to the TSI and TDI having the same colour and style badging.

So what I'm planning on doing, is taking the silver TSI badging off the tailgate and using that on my honeycomb grille and then buying a 'TSI' badge off a Golf or some other form of VW, that has the 'SI' in red to highlight it more. Does anyone know the part number for the TSI badging with the red 'SI' on?

EDIT: Just came across this on eBay. Gonna put this on my tailgate and then put the silver 'TSI' from the tailgate on the grill. Tasty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Original ... ccessories

Opinions guys, all red 'TSI' or just 'SI' in red?
B1N9S
Bronze Member

Post by B1N9S »

Hi mate. Sounds like a nice idea. Post us up some pics if you go ahead.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

B1N9S wrote:Hi mate. Sounds like a nice idea. Post us up some pics if you go ahead.
I will do mate. It's gonna look awesome :twisted:
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

I dunno whether or not to get a GTI grill, i like my polished black grill :)
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

AJ_7 wrote:Opinions guys, all red 'TSI' or just 'SI' in red?
All red. If you're gonna fake it, then fake it good! 8)

Returning to my TSI: I'm now ready for the next winter. Earlier in the week I picked up a set of 195/50R16 winter tyres (Nokian Hakkapeliitta R), and today a friend fitted and balanced them for me. Welcome, icy roads!

Looking at them from 100 yards in the dark, you could mistake them for Boavistas... :wink:

I'd ordered two sets of 60mm pressed aluminium VW emblems from HK through 'Bay (10€ the eight incl. shipping!). Just quickly superimposed one with double-sided tape to see how it would look like:

Not bad, although they are flat, not convex like proper VW ones. I'd happily buy genuine VW centre caps, but don't know if any are available in 60mm? Could anyone with genuine Boavistas or other Polo alloys measure their centre caps to see if they're 60mm?
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

Post by stuart.cameron »

Der Finne. wrote:Today I finally wired my retrofitted footwell lights to work properly. They now go on/off and dim in sync with the roof lights like they're supposed to. I just soldered the wires to the front roof light connector's pins 1 and 2. Easy peasy.

Then felt like taking some after dark pictures. First the dashboard illumination without footwell lights:

Then with footwell lights on:

Oh yes, also fitted the stainless steel pedal caps: :D

Yet another one, this time with the roof lights on as well:
Where did you get your footwell lights from?

Cheers
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

stuart.cameron wrote: Where did you get your footwell lights from?

Cheers
VW. :wink:

Part number 7L0 947 415 for the lamp, 1J0 971 972 for the connector body and 000 979 131 for the repair wire whose pins fit into the connector body.