Change inside lamps of Polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
eyecity
New

Change inside lamps of Polo

Post by eyecity »

Hi ppl
I need help to open the supperior interior lamps to change to led's my problem is that i don't see anything to open and i don't want to scratch because the polo is new can anyone help me?

Anyone know a place with photos to open inside case to replace the lamps (central lamps closed to mirror)

Thank you
SteveP
Getting There!

Re: Change inside lamps of Polo

Post by SteveP »

Heres what the workshop manual says (recommends removing the alarm sensors first so have included this): -

Switch off ignition and all electrical consumers and remove ignition key.

Remove trim -1- from roof trim in direction of -arrow-.

Disconnect connector -2-.
Unclip sensors -3-.
Release cable from cable guide -4-.
Remove interior monitoring control unit together with vehicle inclination sender -1- and interior monitoring sensors -3- from interior light.

Carefully lever out lens of interior light with switch-off delay -W15--1- with removal wedge -VAS 3409--arrows- and remove.

Unclip locking lugs -arrows- and remove interior light with switch-off delay -W15--1- from roof trim as far as cable lengths permit.

Release microphone connector -1- and disconnect.
Release connector -2- for interior light with switch-off delay -W15--3-, disconnect and remove front interior light with switch-off delay -W15--3-.

eyecity
New

Post by eyecity »

well many thanks i was piced of trying to find this information so i buy the manual 30m ago LOL no problem i think in the future can do me a lot of favours :P

Thanks for all gonna try thanks again

one other thing can u please tell me what lamps that this thing have what type of lamps to i change to leds please
eyecity
New

Post by eyecity »

anyone know the tip of lamps that it take on inside?
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

There are at least three different types of interior lights depending on equipment version. Some of them use different types of bulbs.

If it's the one pictured above, then they're W5W/501.
eyecity
New

Post by eyecity »

ok many thanks
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

Hey I changed my interior lights to green. The ground 3 501. No problem all worked spot on. But wen it came to te rear. I changed one at a time wen I changed the first one everything worked good. But once I put the last one in that's wen it went to pot.

The lights do work wen they are one constant but none work wen I open the door no matter what I do. Even wen I change it back to the way it was can anyone help please
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Did you ever sort out your interior lamp not working? How did you get your rear interior lamp out?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

SteveP wrote:Heres what the workshop manual says (recommends removing the alarm sensors first so have included this): -

Switch off ignition and all electrical consumers and remove ignition key.

Remove trim -1- from roof trim in direction of -arrow-.

Disconnect connector -2-.
Unclip sensors -3-.
Release cable from cable guide -4-.
Remove interior monitoring control unit together with vehicle inclination sender -1- and interior monitoring sensors -3- from interior light.

Carefully lever out lens of interior light with switch-off delay -W15--1- with removal wedge -VAS 3409--arrows- and remove.

Unclip locking lugs -arrows- and remove interior light with switch-off delay -W15--1- from roof trim as far as cable lengths permit.

Release microphone connector -1- and disconnect.
Release connector -2- for interior light with switch-off delay -W15--3-, disconnect and remove front interior light with switch-off delay -W15--3-.

I don't suppose it tels you in the workshop manual how to change the rear interior lights?
lesgodoy
New

Post by lesgodoy »

CANDYMAN wrote:Did you ever sort out your interior lamp not working? How did you get your rear interior lamp out?
Give me a few days and I will post a few pics of when i changed mine. It will show you where the brackets are to get them out...
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Nice one :D Can't wait
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Having LEDs inside really does make your car stand out cause not many have white lights inside and IMO they look much better, although the ones I have do not project as much light as the standard bulbs did but i've no concerns about that :)