Wing mirror for Indian polo

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Kuld33p
New

Post by Kuld33p »

Hi guys, I am from India. Owner of the mk8 polo. I guess that's what it is. I want to have the wing mirrors that are available in uk polos.

I've researched a lot but not sure whether I can achieve the same or not.

Need some expert advice on how and what to get from uk to make my Indian polo wing mirror look like the uk ones.

I want Qing mirrors with aide indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Der Finne.
Getting There!

Re: Wing mirror for Indian polo

Post by Der Finne. »

Why not do a search on German eebay? Search for words 'polo 6r aussenspiegel', you'll find plenty.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Have a look on here mate. Use Google Translate to un-jibberize the German! :)

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40 ... Categories
Kuld33p
New

Post by Kuld33p »

Thank you for the replies guys. I'll look at these sites.

I also wanted to know if i'd need the full mirror assembly or just the cover would do I.e. Would the Indian polos have indicator jack (wiring) in the mirror assembly.

How do I check if it can be fitted or not?

Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

Indian-spec Polos are a bit thin on ground over here, so it's difficult to do direct comparison with a European-spec one... :wink: But let's try some remote problem-solving. :D

First of all, the mirror cover is made of two parts: upper and lower cover. The LED indicator is an integral part of the lower cover. And there's a cut in the upper cover for the LED indicator, so you'll need the upper cover as well.

The mirror base itself has nothing to do with the indicator. So if the shape and clips of the Euro-spec covers fit to the Indian-spec mirror base then it's just a (relatively) simple case of swapping the covers, and running two wires if you don't already have them. But the million dollar question here is, of course, do the covers fit? Perhaps someone with access to ETKA could check to see if the European and Indian Polos have the same part number for the mirror base?

I'll shamelessly hotlink to a picture of a partly disassembled mirror: http://junge-autoersatzteile.de/auction ... G_1966.jpg

Unfortunately we can't see the entire 'naked' inner structure there, but hopefully this will give you an idea what the construction is like. It doesn't matter if the mirrors are electrically or manually adjusted, with heating or not, they all have the LED indicator.

I think that running the wires to the mirror indicator won't be too much of a problem, after all it's just two wires you can easily run through the mirror base, like can be seen from the picture.
Kuld33p
New

Post by Kuld33p »

Seems like I would need both cover and the base as I don't have the indicator space in the mirror structure.

And wouldn't I be able to run wire from within like shown in the picture?

Der Finne.
Getting There!

Post by Der Finne. »

In that case it's probably easiest and most cost-efficient to buy a pair of second-hand, complete Euro mirrors e.g. through ebay.de...