Chrome exhaust for new Polo Match 1.4?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
maggotmike
New

Chrome exhaust for new Polo Match 1.4?

Post by maggotmike »

Hi Guys,

I currently have a 09plate black Polo match and im picking up my brand new white 1.4 Polo match on Thursday. (Cannot wait hence finding this forum)

Ive gone for the added spoiler option and im thinking a chrome exhaust tip would add a sweet look to the back. (Saw someone post photos of their wifes red polo with one on here and it looks hella sweet)

Where can i get one of these? Ive seen some on ebay but im unsure of the size? (Ebay link to product - http://goo.gl/4yyJf)

Also are they fairly easy to put on? (Dont know too much about technical aspects of car mods)

Any help would be appreciated :)
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Re: Chrome exhaust for new Polo Match 1.4?

Post by jonnymoore »

you'd be best measuring your exhaust diameter. mine was 65mm so if yours is too then that exhaust you put a link for wont fit. i think vw do an exhaust trim for it but its 3 times the price of other places. i went to sport and spares for mine and got it for about 5 quid. its easy to put on, just slide it on and tighten the bolt. heres a pic of what mine looks like:
maggotmike
New

Post by maggotmike »

Thank you! :)
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

What you want, if you have a 65mm visable exhaust, is the chrome trim from an Audi A3. I researched into this for about a month and it was the best option then and still is. You can order it online or pick one up from your local Audi dealer for about 38 quid. There roughly the same price online as to what you can get them for from a dealer so i'd advise you to nip in and get one. Piece of p*** to fit, line it up and slide it on. There's a mechanism inside which allows you to push it on but not pull it off, 10 second job.

Audi Part No: 8P0071771
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

i still dont see why anyone would wanna spend 40 quid on something you can get for a 5er that looks exactly the same?lol
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Yeah it'd all be well and good if the 5er ones off eBay were any good. For a starters they're not Stainless Steel so soon as they get wet they'll go rusty. With a nasty winter ahead I'd prefer to have a decent one but I guess its personal choice. I've had mine 6 months and washed it loads and it still looks new, those cheapo ones deteriorate rapidly from my previous experiences.
maggotmike
New

Post by maggotmike »

Thanks guys!

I decided to go for an a3 chrome tip, it was only £8 with delivery on ebay so il see how long that will last.

Going to pick up my new Polo Match 1.4 later today, will post some pics up soon!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

I would agree with the Audi A3 parts. got a pair of them cheap off Ebay a while ago, and a parfect fit and really good quality. (Pics below)

Here's the pics (sorry for the phone quality)

The inside fixing claws

jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

mines been on for about 4 months and still looks like new.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

jonnymoore wrote:mines been on for about 4 months and still looks like new.
The last 4 months haven't had harsh weather and very little salt on the roads. Soon as the bad weather hits and the roads get gritted I'd almost bet a limb that you will get some corrosion :) But for a 5er do you care? You can easily just buy another :lol:
jonnymoore
Bronze Member

Post by jonnymoore »

yeah, good point lol
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Hiya
Do you know the part number for the Audi exhaust trim? Do you get 2 pipes in the kit or is it a single pipe trim?
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

SAMBA VAN MAN wrote:Hiya
Do you know the part number for the Audi exhaust trim? Do you get 2 pipes in the kit or is it a single pipe trim?
Hi mate, you can buy either, as some of the A3's have twin tail pipes. The part number for the single pipe which will fit your 65mm visible exhaust is 8P0071771. Costs about £35 from your local Audi dealer, the same as it would anywhere online.
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Nice one i will have a word as i know someone who works at Audi in Manchester so i will try and get it at staff rates :D