Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Re: My Candy White '12 Polo Match 1.4

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

AJ_7 wrote:
Boyracer_2011 wrote:
AJ_7 wrote:Can't go wrong with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290617372321? ... 1439.l2649

Fitted them as number plate LED's and they're awesome. Gonna order a set for my sidelights, they're really good.
There canny cheap like :-)
AND you get a year's warranty! :lol:
Even better bud :-)
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

AJ_7 wrote:More white than blue man!

thats good. probs get a set :D
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

Been a while since i last posted on here as the car hasn't had anything done to it due to a lack of time :( . However im now in the mood for some little mods so last week i orderd a can of plasti dip from ebay and here are the results 8)

Just debating if I should do the side mirrors matt black to match the badges.

Next thing on the list is to add a slight black tint to the rear lights.

Also want to get one of these, just for laughs :D
http://carstyle4you.com/product_info.ph ... cts_id=394

I hate the antenna on the roof so was looking at this
http://shop.ahw-shop.de/vw-bora/audio-u ... a...?c=946

Its very cheap and looks great but ive read that in order to remove the current antenna the roof lining needs to be removed :shock:
Any one know if this is the case ?
jakovdub
Silver Member

Post by jakovdub »

yes! another person that uses plasti dip like me! :) will be doing my badges on my new white match when it arrives :) did you ever see my black badges on my old 6r?
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

The Sheriff wrote:Just debating if I should do the side mirrors matt black to match the badges.

Its very cheap and looks great but ive read that in order to remove the current antenna the roof lining needs to be removed :shock:
1. do the mirrors 8) did you have any trouble with the plastidip? want to try it out
2. how you going to tint the lights? I want to do this!
3. I read somewhere that the antenna is actually in the back window... you can unscrew the aerial so try the radio while its off?
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

Really nice Polo mate, what do you make of the standard headlights without the HIDs? :) Pick up mine on Tuesday and bought some Nightbreaker Plus bulbs for it!
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

The radio works fine without the aerial, have had mine off basically since I got my Polo a year back and no problems! :P
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

jakovdub wrote:yes! another person that uses plasti dip like me! :) will be doing my badges on my new white match when it arrives :) did you ever see my black badges on my old 6r?

your thread was where i got the idea for the plasti dip !! :D they looked good so i thought i would try it out. brilliant idea by the way :D
Also liked what you did to the chrome strip on the grill. what did you use for that ? red tape ?
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

Match wrote:
The Sheriff wrote:Just debating if I should do the side mirrors matt black to match the badges.

1. do the mirrors 8) did you have any trouble with the plastidip? want to try it out
2. how you going to tint the lights? I want to do this!
3. I read somewhere that the antenna is actually in the back window... you can unscrew the aerial so try the radio while its off?

1. yeh i am gonna mate. hopefully this weekend 8) no problems at all with plasti dip. i love the stuff. have seen videos on YouTube of people doing rims and even full cars with it. amazing product. try it out :D
2. gonna give it to my cousin to do. he has a spray shop so will do it for free :D :D :D all they do is mix a little black paint into clear lacquer and jobs a goodn.
3. yeh ive read that too mate. gonna take it off and see what its like without
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Post by The Sheriff »

jimbo_tdi wrote:Really nice Polo mate, what do you make of the standard headlights without the HIDs? :) Pick up mine on Tuesday and bought some Nightbreaker Plus bulbs for it!

thanks pal. its not as nice as some of the polos on here tho !! :( haha

what model and colour you getting ?

i absolutely hate the standard headlight bulbs. ive not changed mine yet tho so it would be good to see some before and after shots of yours with the bulbs fitted :D
The Sheriff
Silver Member

Re: My Candy White '12 6R Polo Match 1.4

Post by The Sheriff »

NeilMcConville wrote:The radio works fine without the aerial, have had mine off basically since I got my Polo a year back and no problems! :P

does it not look bad tho ? like its missing a part or can you not tell ?
NeilMcConville
Gold Member

Post by NeilMcConville »

Up close you would realise that something is missing but tbh it never bothers me. From a distance it just looks like a very small stubby ariel :)
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

The Sheriff wrote:
jimbo_tdi wrote:Really nice Polo mate, what do you make of the standard headlights without the HIDs? :) Pick up mine on Tuesday and bought some Nightbreaker Plus bulbs for it!

thanks pal. its not as nice as some of the polos on here tho !! :( haha

what model and colour you getting ?

i absolutely hate the standard headlight bulbs. ive not changed mine yet tho so it would be good to see some before and after shots of yours with the bulbs fitted :D
I really like them OEM, amd love the Knights. I opted for a 2011 1.2 TDI SE as I got a huge discount on it! £3000 off the price VW wanted! :D I will install them on Saturday so will be back with some picks then!