Polo ordered! Three month wait begins...

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

A while ago I put a deposit on a new Polo Match 3dr, it was a showroom model and was bog-standard with no extras. After a few days of thinking it over I decided to change the order to something I really wanted, rather than getting something because it's slightly cheaper.

So, I ordered a 1.4 3dr Match in Nimbus Grey with leather multi-function wheel (includes leather handbrake and gear knob :P), armrest and climatronic air conditioning. I was also going to get the 16" navarre alloys but I think I'd prefer the smoother ride of the standard 15's to the look of the 16's.

This is my current car:

I'll be very sad to see him go, he's served me well and has been a pleasure to own :cry:
AJ_7
Gold Member

Re: Polo ordered! Three month wait begins...

Post by AJ_7 »

Welcome to the forums. 3 Door Polo's in Nimbus Grey look fit 8) Have you got any planned modifications for your Polo?
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

Nothing major, I'll probably get the SEL grille with the chrome trim, A3 chrome exhaust trim and I've already bought some aluminium rings for the headlight and electric mirror controls. I've grown out of lowering and big wheels so I think I'll just leave the mods after that.

I wasn't even considering Nimbus Grey, went to the dealership this morning to tell them I wanted Flash Red :D but then saw a grey one at the dealership that looked really classy. I think a lot of the colours look poor in photos but look really nice when you see them in person, Nimbus Grey especially. Looks smart with the chrome trim.
myothercarsapolo
New

Post by myothercarsapolo »

i have a brand new boxed genuine a3 trim up for grabs
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

I wish you had said sooner, just bought one yesterday afternoon :( out of curiosity, how much are you asking for it?
myothercarsapolo
New

Post by myothercarsapolo »

£20 PLUS P&P
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

:cry: £34 paid yesterday.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Nimbus does look smart I'd have it on my polo

Has the fiesta been trouble free ?
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

daydotz wrote:Nimbus does look smart I'd have it on my polo

Yeah, the Fiesta has been absolutely great. It was my first Ford after buying Japanese only in the past, but it's been really good. I only decided to have a look at a Polo due to the constant rattles on the Fiesta, it's right at home on the motorway but the ride is hard and crashy around town. I would definitely buy another but I wouldn't buy the top-spec model again, I lost £5k on that in one year.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

PumpkinPie wrote:
daydotz wrote:Nimbus does look smart I'd have it on my polo

Yeah, the Fiesta has been absolutely great. It was my first Ford after buying Japanese only in the past, but it's been really good. I only decided to have a look at a Polo due to the constant rattles on the Fiesta, it's right at home on the motorway but the ride is hard and crashy around town. I would definitely buy another but I wouldn't buy the top-spec model again, I lost £5k on that in one year.

what engine does the fiesta have id expect its nippy and quite good on fuel im not sure the 1.4 will be as good in this respect and i cant say it will rattle less :cry:

the deprection has suprised me most cars will loose 5k+ in the first year even a vw :cry:
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

It's a 1.6 petrol, 9.9 second 0-60 so not fast at all but it's a nice engine once you get into the revs and it does return 45mpg easily. Does your Polo have rattles?? I thought VWs were immune.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

PumpkinPie wrote:It's a 1.6 petrol, 9.9 second 0-60 so not fast at all but it's a nice engine once you get into the revs and it does return 45mpg easily. Does your Polo have rattles?? I thought VWs were immune.
did you not get ford to look at the rattles the fiesta is ment to be a good car not really heard many complaints about them to me it sounds a better car

id have thought the 1.2tsi would have been a better buy i had a dsg 1.4 match loan car it was slow and poor on fuel i cant see a manual 1.4 being much better personally

ive read a few complaints about rattles mines got quite a few now its only 12months old ive had two loan cars which rattle less then my own car ive asked my dealer to look into them but they haven't been interested yet

quite a few 1.4 matchs on here hopefully they will add some feedback on theres
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

Couldn't really afford the 1.2 TSI and was wanting something that cost a bit less than the Fiesta, currently paying £325 per month for the Fiesta. When I drove the Polo it felt light and comfortable over bumps, which is what I want. The Fiesta is alright on the motorway but it's no good for around town and on bumpy roads (I live a little out in the country), the ride is rock hard on it. I've grown out of being interested in 0-60 times, it means nothing when you spend most of your time going back and forwards to work.
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

i do agree the match i drove was comfortable they are reasonable value compared to and sel i can see the appeal

i was impressed with the 1.25 fiesta edge and i certainly consider a mk7 fiesta titamium in the future :)
PumpkinPie
Getting There!

Post by PumpkinPie »

I also looked at the new Swift Sport, I had one of the old ones before my Fiesta and loved it, the cornering on it was amazing. I think the new ones are great value at £13k.