Vw up-end of the Polo?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
POLOHTP
New

Vw up-end of the Polo?

Post by POLOHTP »

Hi guys-First post.I have a Polo 1.2 70 in black pearIescent, which is great, but I've just got to ask the question which is bugging me at the moment.With the introduction of the Up,what is the point of the Polo,particularly the lower-powered petrols? The Up has similarly powered engines which are cleaner, quicker,and the space is almost the same. It looks to me that there is a big question mark over the future of the Polo,and even the quicker Polos' sales could be compromised with the introduction of the Up GT-What do you Guys think?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Re: Vw up-end of the Polo?

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I personally think the Up! is the logical replacement to the Lupo and Fox.

The Polo seems more refined and larger car for a different market.

You'd take the Up! into town to go shopping... You'd use the Polo as a small family car.
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

If anything i am questioning the market of D-E-F class cars. Sure Passat cost 2x times more then a polo but i am pretty sure they sell 5x polos for 1 passat. So if anything they should invest more into Up / Polo / Golf kind of cars just to offer more variety to people who want family/city car, rather then limit their choice by cutting polo from the picture.
Vissa
Getting There!

Post by Vissa »

Polo / Golf are the most sold VW cars, they are never gonna end the Polo line. The new Golf 7 GTI is almost looking like a Polo 6R.
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Vw up-end of the Polo?

Post by red6n2 »

Didn't know there was a new golf, not been a huge fan of the more recent golfs -_-
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

Gota admit the new golfs look s**t. That why I went for the sexy looking polo ;) lol
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

Thought I might share this with u all

On wheel whores this lad has done this....

DubbisH
Getting There!

Post by DubbisH »

Jizz-Tastic!!!!!

*DubbisH*
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

only thing up lack is more aggressive headlights and front black diffuser imo.
Else its a bit childish even with all that cool lowering and disks, not that its bad, but aggressive is always cooler ))
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

a feel this is more aggressive then the lupo thou, you could always buy a set of eyebrows for it or a new hud
AAddict
Getting There!

Post by AAddict »

POLOHTP wrote:Hi guys-First post.I have a Polo 1.2 70 in black pearIescent, which is great, but I've just got to ask the question which is bugging me at the moment.With the introduction of the Up,what is the point of the Polo,particularly the lower-powered petrols? The Up has similarly powered engines which are cleaner, quicker,and the space is almost the same. It looks to me that there is a big question mark over the future of the Polo,and even the quicker Polos' sales could be compromised with the introduction of the Up GT-What do you Guys think?

1: The up! is tiny compared to the polo, it's ok for the 2 front seats but rear and luggage is tiny compared.
2: The quality of build and materials in the Polo are way ahead of the up!
3: The 1.2 60ps & 70ps really should be dropped, they are an embarrassment to the range IMO.
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

AAddict wrote:
3: The 1.2 60ps & 70ps really should be dropped, they are an embarrassment to the range IMO.
:O not if ya a 17 year old lad and only can afford the insurance on a 1.2, power isnt everything in life ;)
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

They're overpriced really. The base-line model Up is basically a biscuit tin with wheels. You then look at a reasonable model and your knocking on the door of £10k. For that sort of money, why would anyone want to drive round in a tinny Up when you can have a Polo for the same money?
AAddict
Getting There!

Post by AAddict »

mashmarriner wrote:
AAddict wrote:
:O not if ya a 17 year old lad and only can afford the insurance on a 1.2, power isnt everything in life ;)
I don't mean there shouldn't be a small low powered engine in the range, I just think it's time to leave than 1.2 3 pot behind.
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

mashmarriner wrote:
AAddict wrote:
I think addict means is that the 60 and 70ps are just too small for the polo, and as a result you're pushing the engine to its limits all the time just to pull the car's own weight and keep up with traffic, resulting in poor mpg to the point where extra costs incurred on insurance with a larger engine are probably offset by the fuel savings!