White 6R - journey to E38

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

White 6R - journey to E38

Post by jamesagordon »

You might've seen my car around, I've been documenting it on clubpolo but I stumbled upon this site and saw a few MK8s I recognised and there seems to be more movement so I figured I whack mine on here too :P

So this is the car when I bought it, it's the 1.2 Moda A/C, it came de badged, with powder coated wheels and a vinyl wrapped roof.

IMG_0735 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_0737 by James A Gordon, on Flickr

After a bump which meant needing a new grill (alongside a lot of other parts) I decided to go ahead and get a GTI grill

DSC_0174 by James A Gordon, on Flickr

Not wanting to seem like a knob fronting like I'm sitting behind a GTI engine I bought some carbon wrap and wrapped the GTI badge and also the fog surrounds

IMG_0964 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_0963 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_0966 by James A Gordon, on Flickr

Then went ahead and tinted the fogs yellow and carbon wrapped the front and back badges

IMG_1182 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_1188 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_1191 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_1195 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_1196 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_1197 by James A Gordon, on Flickr

After this I felt the rear one needed livening up so I spray painted the black sections of each badge and also de wipered the rear and carbon wrapped the centre console surround

Untitled by James A Gordon, on Flickr
IMG_1223 by James A Gordon, on Flickr

Fitted some LED bulbs in my plate lights

IMG_1238 by James A Gordon, on Flickr

Then I finally got enough money to buy some coilovers, they're getting fitted on Saturday along with some 20mm spacers and a few other little bits so I'll upload some photos when thats all done! Hopefully it won't be ridiculously high anymore

463570_10150850749568274_703163273_11696722_1559043741_o by James A Gordon, on Flickr
477237_10150850745163274_703163273_11696700_964268462_o by James A Gordon, on Flickr
Last edited by jamesagordon on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PHILthePOWER 90
Bronze Member

Re: White 6R

Post by PHILthePOWER 90 »

looking good :D
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Seen you on the Club Polo forums dude, but in all fairness, for the 6R Polo these forums are a LOT more active :)
Lieto
Bronze Member

Post by Lieto »

looks good. Although i am not sure why people dont like shiny VW badge xD
Boyracer_2011
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 Moda

Post by Boyracer_2011 »

Welcome mate..
Very nice car, I seen some of ya pics on club polo but I dont really go on there much now. Was gutted to see the pic when you had a bang, I done that afew years ago...Nasty.
Is it easy to take the rear badge off?? Was thinking about putting a reverse camera in.
The cadiz wheels look canny in black :-) :-)
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

AJ_7 wrote:Seen you on the Club Polo forums dude, but in all fairness, for the 6R Polo these forums are a LOT more active :)
Ah okay if that's the case I'll post some more on here then! :)
Boyracer_2011 wrote:Welcome mate..
Very nice car, I seen some of ya pics on club polo but I dont really go on there much now. Was gutted to see the pic when you had a bang, I done that afew years ago...Nasty.
Is it easy to take the rear badge off?? Was thinking about putting a reverse camera in.
The cadiz wheels look canny in black :-) :-)
Thanks mate, it did suck but learnt a good lesson from it!
Yeah the rear badge is pretty easy to take off, basically open the boot up, on the inside of it there are two torque screws to undo on the plastic section, next step is to pop out all the clips on the inside, be careful with this bit as I broke a few clips, I just used a spanner it's not too difficult. After you take the plastic section off it's just a case of unscrewing 3 screws and unplugging the handle and voila! If you want any pictures to help or whatever let me know and I'll get some for you.

Thanks for all the feed back! Fitted some 5000K headlight bulbs last night, chrome indicators and stubbier aerial cable arrived today gonna pop those and my 20mm spacers in tonight. Tomorrow she's finally getting lowered and hopefully my new plates and interior bulbs will arrive so I'll definitely whack up some photos of that! Shame Stanford has been cancelled was looking forward to having her all done for then.

Who's going to the Stoney Cove Dubclique meet next Wednesday?
DubbisH
Getting There!

Post by DubbisH »

Looks tidy that mate.....i also saw it on club polo and you got quite a bit of stick on that forum too which is bad. F**k them, cars sweet dude. Dont worry about crashes mate, they happen, just had one myself so feel your pain. It wasnt a write off, but neither was yours but thats not the point there never nice whatever the outcome.

Keep it up mate.

*DubbisH*
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

DubbisH wrote:Looks tidy that mate.....i also saw it on club polo and you got quite a bit of stick on that forum too which is bad. F**k them, cars sweet dude. Dont worry about crashes mate, they happen, just had one myself so feel your pain. It wasnt a write off, but neither was yours but thats not the point there never nice whatever the outcome.

Keep it up mate.

*DubbisH*
Thanks mate! Yeah hoping I won't get quite the same reception here haha.

Couple of updates from today, I changed my indicator bulbs from the original orange ones to some chrome ones (not the best initial picture and I don't have a post one I'll get one tomorrow) definitely cleaned up the headlights a bit. Fitted my stubby aerial as well, doesn't fit as snugly as I'd have liked but it looks a lot cleaner. I also took a couple of photos of my new headlight bulbs at night.

Anyway after this I decided I'd fit my spacers, I got the first one on on the left wheel and took a before and after picture. Was pleased with the result however I went to remove my right wheel and as it had previously been put on with an air gun so I couldn't get them off with my wrench. There's a tyre place close by to me so I started driving to it and I heard a clicking/ticking noise coming from the wheel with the spacer so I took it back tightened them up and it still had the same issue. Since it sounded like my wheel was going to fall off I decided to take the spacer off. I looked online and the only explanation I could find was that maybe the screws are too long and need to be filed down a bit.

I wanted to get some other opinions on this before I file it and void being able to return them, what does everyone think?

tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

looking good
Enty
Getting There!
Drives: Candy 6R

Post by Enty »

Looks really good!

I've been wanting to do my badges same as yours only with gloss black not carbon fibre lol
Never been able to see it done until now, so now you just made me wanna get it done even more haha!

Also, noticed the number plate is another AK like mine, where are you from?
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

Finally it's sitting on coilovers!!! So so so pleased with how it's sitting, looks a lot better in real life but i'll attach some photos. Sorted the weird clunking on my spacers just had to file down the bolts so they're on too and the rear wheels sit so nicely in the arches, anyway enjoy!

Oh yeah also bit of advice my ABS and traction control orange lights are now on, anyone know why this is?

DSC_2555 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC_2556 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC_2557 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC_2554 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

Enty wrote:Looks really good!

I've been wanting to do my badges same as yours only with gloss black not carbon fibre lol
Never been able to see it done until now, so now you just made me wanna get it done even more haha!

Also, noticed the number plate is another AK like mine, where are you from?
cheers mate! I live in Leicester but that car was bought from the dealers in Cambridgeshire
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

Few more photos of it at night post-low. Can't remember if I mentioned as my post hasn't been approved yet but my pressed plates also went on, bit disappointed with them they aren't that noticeable :( think I should've gone for the GB ones, also put on a few new stickers (now its actually lowered) and a an ice cream tax disc holder - I'll get a pic later looks quite good

Also I really hope my post approval thing gets disabled soon things are taking ages to go through! :(

DSC01682 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC01684 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC01681 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC01683 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
DSC01685 by James A Gordon, on Flickr
mozzapologti
Getting There!

Post by mozzapologti »

looking good
jamesagordon
Bronze Member

Post by jamesagordon »

Got a few better photos today showing the poke and drop, I've not got my laptop at the moment so I'll put them up tomorrow! I also sprayed the wing mirrors black today

Gonna re do them in gloss at some point