ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by iichel »

Good to see that they maintained H10 and only the software changed.

If you need any help with German, let me know!
Adam87
Bronze Member
Drives: T5.2

Post by Adam87 »

ciclo wrote:
I installed a new T2 connector for testing with the LIN wires.

:lol:

- the communication wire with the ECU was changed from T41/26 or T41/29 to T41/11. (T73b/45 not required)

New stalks without CCS buttons are required (see first image).
Hey Fernando, what reason did you swap these wires? Did it make any improvement? Was it this that made the measuring blocks in the ECU show with button presses on the MFSW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

There are no improvements, it is simply to make the MFA buttons*** (right side of steering wheel) work when the buttons with CCS/ACC are present.

When the buttons with CCS/ACC (left side of steering wheel) are installed in PQ25, the MFA buttons*** operate through a different LIN, the one dedicated to the anti-theft alarm -T73b/36-, it also requieres to enable the Byte29 Bit6 (BCM).
In this case, the MFA buttons*** not work through the LIN dedicated to the doors. (eRwin, and my tests)

The buttons on the right and left side are operated by LIN dedicated to the doors (T73b/17) if there are no buttons for CCS/ACC. (Byte9 Bit3 BCM)

Byte9 Bit3 must be enabled in any circumstance.

This is the reason why I had to exchange LIN for communication.
To make work correctly the CCS/ACC buttons is a different story. In case of CCS the ABS unit must allow its operation. In case of ACC in addition to the ABS unit, the engine unit must be parameterized correctly.
It also requieres to enable the Byte17 Bit2 (BCM).

MFA buttons*** = MFA data, volume, phone, voice control, and all functions except CCS/ACC.

I hope I have clarified your doubts :?:
iichel

Post by iichel »

that's the name from now on. MFA buttons***
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

MFA buttons on steering wheel. The problem is that there are other functions and I do not know how to name the whole set of buttons to make it different from the CCS / ACC buttons. :lol: :lol:
iichel

Post by iichel »

I like the three stars. Let's call them like that.
Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

Yes it certainly has [emoji6] I had no doubts, was just understanding what the changes were for.

With regards the parameter setting of the engine control module, is it just the one byte for CCS/ACC etc?

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

From what I understood:
The DAMOS file from your unit is required to locate the GRA-High function.
By comparisons of binary files with other engine units, that already have this function activated, we will know the value of Byte.

In the following example the value was 01, and it was changed to 0D to activate the GRA-High function. (Mask for quality control and GRA-High

To activate the ACC function is somewhat more complicated, it seems to me that you have to modify complete sectors/parts of the binary file (again by comparing bytes with units that already have it activated).

It is necessary to have the original files and information/documentation of units to be modified.
Otherwise, do a lot of testing, removing and putting those sectors/parties and getting lucky during the process. Better to have other unit identical to yours without IMMO to do tests.

It is a very delicate job without the right information. You can have a brick instead of a car in case of making mistakes during the process :lol: :lol: (just kidding).

I hope the experts correct me if I'm wrong.
Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

Wow Fernando, impressive info [emoji106] you must be well into this document about the ECU [emoji851] so I guess the small checkbox in VCDS won't change enough in the ECU to activate ACC. I definitely don't want a brick to drive my engine [emoji23]

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Adam87 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 pm .... so I guess the small checkbox in VCDS won't change enough in the ECU to activate ACC....

If you mean Byte5 Bit5 and 6, I guess this is just to indicate that ACC is installed, and if the ECU (and ABS) is set up in the right way the ACC will work.

More info:
To read the binary files and to compare them it is possible to use an HxD tool (there are some of these tools online, I do not know which is the best)
Maybe it would be interesting to register on this website to get the files DAMOS and share info, www.nefmoto.com

---
Separate theme:

Maybe I have a gift for you about the direct TPMS, but I still have to try a third TPMS unit :lol: :lol: :lol: , I think the problem I'm having is related to a matter of manufacturing dates (I also think it's the same problem that rdasadia has with his Yeti).
Everything works fine but the information/pressures are not displayed on the MFA screen. :P
Adam87
Bronze Member

Post by Adam87 »

ciclo wrote:
Adam87 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 pm .... so I guess the small checkbox in VCDS won't change enough in the ECU to activate ACC....

If you mean Byte5 Bit5 and 6, I guess this is just to indicate that ACC is installed, and if the ECU (and ABS) is set up in the right way the ACC will work.

More info:
To read the binary files and to compare them it is possible to use an HxD tool (there are some of these tools online, I do not know which is the best)
Maybe it would be interesting to register on this website to get the files DAMOS and share info, www.nefmoto.com

---
Separate theme:

Maybe I have a gift for you about the direct TPMS, but I still have to try a third TPMS unit :lol: :lol: :lol: , I think the problem I'm having is related to a matter of manufacturing dates (I also think it's the same problem that rdasadia has with his Yeti).
Everything works fine but the information/pressures are not displayed on the MFA screen. :P
I thought as much [emoji848], I have MPPS, not sure if this is capable of reading all the info from the ECU? I will look into HxD tool, I'll try and speak to a tuner, this maybe simple things for them?

As for your TPMS, maybe wait as I have this coming Image
I could copy the file from it for you?

firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

ciclo wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:17 am Image

I cannot remember if that picture has already been posted, but one Russian proverb says: Repetition is the mother of learning. Anyway, that is screenshot of the 5 Byte the 01 Engine through the vcds. With 5 and 6 bits which define CCS modes
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thanks firegrafik, you do not know how much fun it is when I do translations from Russian to Spanish with the google translator. I think I'm already an expert in interpreting the texts. :lol:
I guess this happens to everyone with different languages.

I add the PR-codes as an aid.
Adam87 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:07 am I will look into HxD tool, I'll try and speak to a tuner, this maybe simple things for them?
I will try to do something similar in a specialized workshop ... but it will be for October, now everyone is on vacation ...
Adam87 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:07 am
As for your TPMS, maybe wait as I have this coming
[URL=http://s1241.photobucket...
I could copy the file from it for you?
Many thanks Adam but I'm afraid that this TPMS unit (2H6...) will not work with my instrument cluster. I do not know for sure. :|

Now I am looking for this TPMS unit to test:

I did tests with the F and H versions (3AA ...), they work, but the info is not shown on the MFA screen.
I think the manufacture dates are important and that's why the F version works on rdasadia's POLO 6R (2016).

Further, the D version TPMS unit is also compatible with the pressure sensors I have installed.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

http://forum.skoda-club.ru/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1944462

My interpretation:

At that time (december 2013), only the TPMS unit 3AA 907 273D was available.

His instrument cluster is 5L0 920 840J

My IC:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb
Part No SW: 6R0 920 870 C HW: 6R0 920 870 C
Component: KOMBI H05 0607
Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 140E01
Shop #: WSC 00788 219 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09 A04716
ROD: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09_A04_VW25.rod
VCID: 355A68CF632911D825-8060

No fault code found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so I think I have to test with the D version. Image

If someone has this TPMS unit ---> 3AA 907 273D Z10 can make me an offer... (by PM) :)
lukafoto
New
Drives: A2 Polo 6R conversion !

Post by lukafoto »

iichel wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 am
lukafoto wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm Hi Ciclo

Trying to work out pins on the BCM / J519 with the T73 connectors and the dash wiring and ECM for Polo 6R 1.4 CGGB rerto fit into Audi A2.

Any ideas? https://goo.gl/photos/nHzXvUpbuvV9S7MA9
For the T73a and T73b of the BCM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxYPV ... 3VwWjhvbVU

Apart from that, it's maybe best to open a new topic (IIRC you already have one) and ask more specific questions there.
Dear iichel and ciclo,

Thank you very much - yes I have to document it on the other thread but thanks for the links and help you've provided already.

A crazy project maybe!
;) !