AFA1C9D7-2798-4308-8380-F9F7E60E8A2F.jpeg
Robbo770
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.4 tdi 2014

Re: POLO 6R. HEATED SEATS. OEM.

Post by Robbo770 »

hi folks,

looking for some help,

anyone with a 6C or 6R with heated seats able to check something for me, when the seat is unplugged what voltage is present at the plug wiring that connects to the seat with the car on and the switch not showing any lights on?

trying to confirm that the Heat seat unit put out a voltage on these connections.

thanks
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

Okay guys, so have my seats all working once coded to have heated front seats :lol: :lol: :lol:

So once you have wired the system all in the leads that go to the floor area 1 brown earth/ other supply from the new installed seat controller module puts out approx 10 volts to detect the resistance of the seat heat pads, even when the system is not activated in vdcs coding.

The illumination for the dash switches works but the bcm via the new connect wire prevents the unit switching on till the coding is updated.

Once done the buttons work and the heats then comes on, either both full or half heat depending on the setting chosen

Thanks to iichel for his guidance and the thread by Ciclo, hope he is still okay as haven’t had any response from him.

Happy to help where I can any others as just completed this mod.
SergiuMitu
New
Drives: 6R 1.6 TDI (CAYA) 55kw

Post by SergiuMitu »

Hi guys, i wanna thank you for this thread, a lot of useful information.
Planning to install heated elements aswell, does somebody know the resistance of the OEM mats so i can buy a retrofit with a similar resistance (OEM mats are too expensive for me).
I think(and hope) that may work, i will use kufatec wiring, OEM heated module & buttons, so in fact everything should be OEM except the mats.
Thank you in advance ;)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

There is someone on an SEAT motoring forum, who claims to have bought very cheap but reliable heated seat inserts that can with an OFF/Lo/Hi switch which he fitted to the seat side trim, and ran a -ve and +ve cable to a suitable ignition controlled power source!

Edit:- correction due, it was a SEAT motoring forum, not an Audi one! I have changed my original posting to reflect that.
Last edited by RUM4MO on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

SergiuMitu wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:07 pm Hi guys, i wanna thank you for this thread, a lot of useful information.
Planning to install heated elements aswell, does somebody know the resistance of the OEM mats so i can buy a retrofit with a similar resistance (OEM mats are too expensive for me).
I think(and hope) that may work, i will use kufatec wiring, OEM heated module & buttons, so in fact everything should be OEM except the mats.
Thank you in advance ;)
You have a pm
SergiuMitu
New

Post by SergiuMitu »

@RUM4MO yeah that's something normal, a lot of people does like that, but that's not really OEM'ish.
@Robbo770 unfortunately i cannot reply with a PM, can you contact me on telegram? thanks
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

SergiuMitu wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:11 pm @RUM4MO yeah that's something normal, a lot of people does like that, but that's not really OEM'ish.
@Robbo770 unfortunately i cannot reply with a PM, can you contact me on telegram? thanks
Check your message box
colguile
New
Drives: 6r 2012

Post by colguile »

Sorry to necro this thread but I've had the problem where the heated seat light will turn on then turn off after 5 secs. I took the seat apart and found a burnt out bit so cleaned it up and soldered it back together. Couldn't see any other damage on the heated elements on back or base so put it all back together. Still getting the light goes off after a few seconds. Could it be the control module? Or do I need to replace the whole seat elements?
B6lee
New
Drives: Tsi

Post by B6lee »

colguile wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:07 pm Sorry to necro this thread but I've had the problem where the heated seat light will turn on then turn off after 5 secs. I took the seat apart and found a burnt out bit so cleaned it up and soldered it back together. Couldn't see any other damage on the heated elements on back or base so put it all back together. Still getting the light goes off after a few seconds. Could it be the control module? Or do I need to replace the whole seat elements?
I’m also having this issue. Changed the drivers seat base pad and the problem went away but the seat base never seems to get warm. Have changed the switch also but made no difference and now it’s started to switch itself off again.
Heated seats are factory fitted from new.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Robbo770
Bronze Member

Post by Robbo770 »

For both last two posts, the control unit is likely not seeing correct resistance and just switching off, likely seat pads are shot and need replacing
B6lee
New
Drives: Tsi

Post by B6lee »

Robbo770 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 pm For both last two posts, the control unit is likely not seeing correct resistance and just switching off, likely seat pads are shot and need replacing
Hi robbo, what should the resistance be ? I’m getting 01.5 on 3 of the pads but 05.5 on one of the others. Strangely it’s the one pad that does work on the drivers seat.
SergiuMitu
New

Post by SergiuMitu »

resistance should be around ~2.5, mines have 2.3 and 2.6
RooshevN
New
Drives: 6R GTi

Post by RooshevN »

Hi guys. Can anyone help me regarding these heated seats. I have a 2014 Polo 6R gti. My passenger heated seat works fine but my driver side does not. If i press the button, the indicator on the button flashes once and then goes off and the seat doesn't heat up. I have checked the fuses and they are good. What might be the cause?
CANDYMAN
Gold Member

Post by CANDYMAN »

Sorry for re-igniting this post could someone tell me what these plugs are. I’m guessing the yellow is airbag, Green seat sensor for seatbelt warning? But what are the 2 white ones. Are they both for the heated seat. If so which is the Base and which is the Backrest. If looking from the front of the seat. My heated seat has packed up so I’m looking for help on how to determine which pad has failed. If I turn the seat heat on with 2 lights it shuts down after around 30 seconds. If I turn them on with one light it stays on. HEEEEEEeeeelp :shock:
Attachments
73CF9532-F62F-47FA-A6A6-5522FB5CC51F.jpeg
73CF9532-F62F-47FA-A6A6-5522FB5CC51F.jpeg (72.97 KiB) Viewed 2697 times