iichel wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:52 am viewtopic.php?p=582392#p582392

:D :wink:
Yup.. saw it after writing here.. :)
Patrick1512
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI 16V Highline

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Rosa Line Bluemotion

Post by Patrick1512 »

iichel wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:31 pm A big thanks to benzinkopf who made a frame for the rear heated seats button and it looks absolutely perfect.
I'm really happy to finally finish the mod. It looks like it's from factory!

If I didn't have 185cm of length, legs or a head, I'd be sitting in the back all the time!

Hello guys,

I have read this thread around 10 times now. :D So many really nice upgrades on this car.
But the rear heated seats are one of the craziest things you´ve installed. I need it too! So the heated mats are installed since december 2020. Cables are also installed. Only part missing is this frame. So maybe you can print me one too.
And one more question:
The link to the double rear-light LED ins´t working. Where can I get one of those LEDs?

Best wishes from germany!
Patrick
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Bluemotion --> OEM++ R-Line conversion

Post by iichel »

I had the LEDs custom made in china, I might have some of them left as a spare.
They're not particularly cheap, IIRC they were about 20 euros a piece.

The frame was 3D printed by member Benzinkopf in Malaysia.
Patrick1512
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI 16V Highline

Post by Patrick1512 »

iichel wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:00 pm I had the LEDs custom made in china, I might have some of them left as a spare.
They're not particularly cheap, IIRC they were about 20 euros a piece.

The frame was 3D printed by member Benzinkopf in Malaysia.
If there is one LED left, you can sell me one and send it to germany? I´m going to send you the money for it.

Where can i contact you private for changing details about buying the LED? And maybe I can contact Benzinkopf for the frame.
SergiuMitu
New
Drives: 6R 1.6 TDI (CAYA) 55kw

Post by SergiuMitu »

Hi iichel, can i ask you a question about 230v in boot?
According to your schema for input to dc/ac converter you use 1 ground wire, and 2 positive wires, one from 30 and another one from 15.
Then one from 15 is as i understand the one that actually start the circuit right? so this can be around 0.5/1.0 mm diameter, but the most important ones are 30 and ground, those should be 2.5+?
iichel

Post by iichel »

Yes, correct. The +15 contact is a simple signal wire, it doesn't carry any current. Make sure the +30 has the appropriate diameter. 2.5mm is fine for GND and +30
SergiuMitu
New
Drives: 6R 1.6 TDI (CAYA) 55kw

Post by SergiuMitu »

Great, big thanks!
iichel

Post by iichel »

iichels 6R 1.6TDI Bluemotion --> sneak peak

The 1.2 TDI engine is now happily living in another car. The 1.6 TDI engine is living in my black Polo.
A lot of small modifications need to be done, for making space for all improvements and upgrades.
I.e. dual radiator fan, 4 bar MAP sensor, darkside intercooler, engine service, GTD turbo and all the piping, DPF, exhaust fitting.

And it all needs to be done perfectly of course. So last night I put on four screws, two to keep the radiator fan in place, and two in the MAP sensor since the screw broke off.
Custom custom custom...

amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Amazing job!
i'm interested into how much HP you can get with DPF. I'm in dilemma because of emission test. Blackout in my country is max 2.99, and I've doubt I could fall under with a downpipe @~180 hp.
iichel

Post by iichel »

I'm not looking for maximum power, I'm much more interested in a nice torque curve. I'm limiting torque to about 330nm due to dsg gearbox.
iichel

Post by iichel »

I'm sharing with you a little victory. And a very big relief.

HAVE A LOOK HERE

https://streamable.com/zg5lfd

What his means is very significant. You see, this is a cluster with immo data from my 1.2 TDI.
With the ECU for a 1.6 TDI. And it's happy. It's very happy. Key is found and immobiliser is MATCHED.

Story time!

So I want to tell you the significance of this. Having a matched immo for ECU/cluster helps a lot in starting your car.
And it has been a struggle to find the right solution.
You see, I'm putting a 1.6 TDI engine in a car that was born with a 1.2 TDI engine. Why? Because I can. Should I? No.
But why would you do such a thing? Because that's what I like to do.

Swapping an engine is easy. On my Karmann Ghia, it takes an hour to put in a new engine. And that includes taking out the old one.
And then it goes. Like nothing happened.

On a modern car, this is not so easy. My car is a Polo 6R 1.2 TDI from 2011. It has electronics, it has an immobiliser. It is complicated.
Let's start with the basics. Because I have kessy, I need the ECU to start the engine, not the ignition lock directly.
The Polo 6R has 1.6 TDI DSG (CAYB), only in the PR-7L3 (non-bluemotion) version. So the terminal 50 goes directly from T6 (ignition lock) to the starter motor. Terminal 50 is the Bosch name for the signal to start the engine. Like terminal 15 is the ignition (literally, as it powered the ignition coil), 30 is permanently live, 31 is ground. The list is very long. 45, 51, 52, 53, 54, 56, 56a, 58, 58a, 58d, 75.....

The Polo 6R 1.2 TDI PR-7L6 has a different construction.
In this case, the ignition lock goes to the ECU via a small wire. The ECU then operates two starter relays, that send power to the starter motor.
So you cannot start until the clutch is depressed. AND you can do a little click of the starter position with the key, and the engine takes care of it all.
Now the kessy also utilizes this construction. You press the start button, ELV (steering column lock) tells the ECU to start, ECU closes the two relays and off we go, starter motor goes round.

So, for this reason, it's not possible to use the Polo 6R 03L906023MG (1.6 TDI CAYB + PR-7L3 + PR-G1C) ECU. It doesn't have the software to operate the starter relays.
So it's never going to start. And the PQ25-polo PR-7L6 ECU is only PR-G0C. So for manual. PR-G1C is for DSG.
I'm in trouble now, aren't I? So why don't you just take off the kessy? Well, that's not what I do. Sorry. So let's get complicated. So what can I do?

Well, I had a solution. I got myself a matching set of a KC ECU (beetle 5C) --> PR-7L6 + PR-G0C! With a cluster, ELV, 2 keys and kessy module.
Wait, didn't I just say G0C was manual? Yes... I can flash it with KE firmware. I have that. No issue. But such a FW doesn't exist for the 6R0 ECU (different hardware). Bummer.
So I could bolt the ELV to my car, transfer the immo data to my cluster and be a happy man. I have the man for this job, mr Slavik himself.
You see, mr. Slavik is a hero, he helped me to figure out a lot of things and he is paid not in euro's but in crates of beer. This is a fact.
I visited him a few times and even though my ideas are crazy, he never said no.. This is the kind of people I need.

So I can have all the things I like to have:
- PQ25 ECU for 1.6 TDI CAYC = TDI
- Kessy
- DSG gearbox
- 7L6
- GRA high

So I connected all the parts to my polo.
f**k, my dash is a f*****g christmas tree.
The ABS was very unhappy. My Bosch ESP9.0i of course doesn't understand what is happening. It is expecting a Polo 6R, Fabia 5J, Ibizia 6J or an Audi A1 8X pre-facelift.
And it is seeing a 2013 VW Beetle 5C (WVWZZZ16ZDM800039 is not a Polo VIN, definitely not my VIN).
So, out we go with the ABS coding. It's all zeros. And I could not come up with a new ABS coding, something I'm usually very good at.
So I was having a bad day.

And I went, f**k it, I'm having a Beetle ABS. So I bought a Beetle ABS unit, 1K0907379BS, from my favourite shop happyparts.
And I put it on the bench, connected cluster and ECU and I did find a code for it. I like coding ABS units. I never owned a car with a Mk60EC1 but I do know how to code it.

So that was the plan. My Polo was becoming a Beetle. All I had to do was...
- Put in the ECU
- Flash the ECU from KC to KE firmware for the DSG gearbox
- Swap ELV
- Transfer the immo data to my Amarok cluster
- Swap or code kessy unit
- Learn the keys
- Swap the ABS unit (so different plug, wheel sensors). I have it all here, by the way.
- Learn the ABS (I already verified that it will work with all my other systems like power steering, steering angle sender, etc).

Hey, small effort, right? I already put in the engine and gearbox, this is no hassle. I'm kessiichel, I can fix this... Just some wires and some coding. No big deal.

Then Mr Slavik (I already noted that he is paid in beer, right?) told me about a program to re-calculate the immo data of an ECU.
Until now I've always been told that this is not possible for Siemens PCR2.1. Only for Bosch EDC, where you can edit immo or make it immo-off.
PCR2.1 is more difficult and until now, everyone told me it's not possible. Or to f**k off.

But, there is a solution. It's this --> https://skodapilot.com/2020/04/20/vag-immo-calculator/
So I got a sole KE ECU, send it to someone to read the flash (Slavik's KESS couldn't do it), send the flash to the developer of the program along with my immo data.
Then I got back the flash with my immo data in it, I sent the flash to the ECU reader and he flashed the flash to my ECU.
Are we still following?
Good.

So, now, let's see what we have:
- My Amarok cluster with Polo FW (already had that)
- Kessy ELV matched to Amarok cluster
- My own keys
- My own BCM
- My own kessy module
- My own ESP9.0i
- My own 1.6 TDI ECU with my own VIN. And GRA_High enabled in ECU flash.

I'm even as brave as I can say... this new ECU... is more or less plug and play :twisted:
(I probably still need to adjust the injectors and some basic settings)

So I only bought a few spare parts that I don't need anymore, all matching sets...
- 6R0 1.2 TDI ECU + cluster + key
- 5K0 1.6 TDI (DSG) ECU + cluster + key
- 8X0 1.6 TDI (DSG) ECU + cluster + BCM + gateway + key
- 5C0 1.6 TDI (manual) ECU + cluster + ELV + ABS + key (anyone willing to do their own kessy project?)

I guess I'll be selling a lot of stuff shortly :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Big thanks to:
- Mr Slavik --> memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25341
- VAG Solutions for flashing my ECU --> https://www.facebook.com/people/VAG-Sol ... 322968594/
- Oleg Ivov for developing the immo calculator --> https://osotec.com/en/Home
MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member
Drives: Cross Polo 2010 TSI

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

You did a great job! 😁👍
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »