2015 Polo GT (latest) and dodgy alarm system

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
chris3624
New
Drives: Polo GT (2015)

2015 Polo GT (latest) and dodgy alarm system

Post by chris3624 »

Hi,

I have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post. I have a 2015 Polo Blue GT which I bought new and is now 17 months old. Last year I had a problem with the alarm randomly going off and not being able to switch it off. As a result my dealer (apparently) replaced the alarm system and the problem stopped.

Unfortunately it has started again. Yesterday I got home from work after midnight and parked up. About 30 seconds after I locked the door the alarm started. It wouldn't stop with me using the key remote to unlock the doors. I opened and closed all the doors, the boot and the bonnet but it still continued. This went on for about 5 minutes and, as I'd clearly woken my neighbours, I got in it and was able to start it, and drove it away from the houses. The alarm continued for several miles and about 10 minutes before it stopped.

I have booked it in again next week but have not locked the car since as I don't want it happening again. Has anyone else had the same problem or have any idea what may be causing it?

Thanks
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: 2015 Polo GT (latest) and dodgy alarm system

Post by iichel »

over-sensitive ultrasound sensor, broken tilt sensor, broken door/bonnet contact switch, broken sirene.

to prevent it, you can remove fuse seventeen from the fuse box to fully disable the entire alarm system
chris3624
New
Drives: Polo GT (2015)

Post by chris3624 »

Thank you. I asked if I could disable the alarm in the meantime and the dealer told me it was impossible.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

chris3624 wrote:Hi,

I have been reading the forum for a while but this is my first post. I have a 2015 Polo Blue GT which I bought new and is now 17 months old. Last year I had a problem with the alarm randomly going off and not being able to switch it off. As a result my dealer (apparently) replaced the alarm system and the problem stopped.

Unfortunately it has started again. Yesterday I got home from work after midnight and parked up. About 30 seconds after I locked the door the alarm started. It wouldn't stop with me using the key remote to unlock the doors. I opened and closed all the doors, the boot and the bonnet but it still continued. This went on for about 5 minutes and, as I'd clearly woken my neighbours, I got in it and was able to start it, and drove it away from the houses. The alarm continued for several miles and about 10 minutes before it stopped.

I have booked it in again next week but have not locked the car since as I don't want it happening again. Has anyone else had the same problem or have any idea what may be causing it?

Thanks
Mine has just done exactly the same thing on a 2015 GTi. Odd thing is that the alarm is going off but not the lights. Where is the fuse box located? It's VERY annoying!

I've locked it now and it hasn't gone off again but not happy about the possibility of it just going off again randomly...
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Penarth Blues wrote:

Thanks
Mine has just done exactly the same thing on a 2015 GTi. Odd thing is that the alarm is going off but not the lights. Where is the fuse box located? It's VERY annoying!

I've locked it now and it hasn't gone off again but not happy about the possibility of it just going off again randomly...
Ok - all the info is in the online manual via the vw official website once I put my reg no in. I'm hoping it won't happen again but fuse 17 looks like it should do the job...
davo172
New
Drives: Blue GT

Post by davo172 »

chris3624 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:34 pm Hi,

Thanks

Hi did you ever manage to sort this out in the end and what was causing the issue?

I am having exactly the same problem!!☹
Last edited by davo172 on Thu May 30, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davo172
New

Post by davo172 »

Penarth Blues wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks

Hi Did you sort yours out also?
Same is happening to mine ref the lights not flashing and can't turn it off with key😡
davo172
New

Post by davo172 »

Just a quick bump on this has anyone ever managed to sort this could do with some help if possible?
Mine has not done this for about 8 months and just started done it again tonight.

Alarm goes off go out no hazards flashing g just alarm going off can't stop it with key even after several attempts and opening and closing all the doors bonnet and boot !!

Dealer will probably do the usual cant find any problem in meaning they have plugged in the bag com and it shows no faults!

Any advice appreciated please ??