Benzinkopf's 2012 VW POLO 6R MK5 1.2TSI 105HP DSG

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: Benzinkopf's 2012 VW POLO 6R MK5 1.2TSI 105HP DSG

Post by benzinkopf »

Oh and while there’s nothing better to do as we also need to lockdown overhere (covid19), i managed to complete the wheel arch trim like the golf R[emoji28]

ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

Very nice.
Quite satisfying after so much of efforts.
Puddle + Side flaps
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

thank you. i did hope to be able to place the led far from the car body, but i guess due to space limitation, thats the best i can do. and if we check the other models, it seems like it is still the same issue where some of the light is being reflected direct on the car shoulder line as well.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

W O W !!!!! The best puddle lights for 6R ever!

Super video. I love it!!! :D (corrected/edited link ... :wink:).

Great JOB!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

benzinkopf wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:26 pm thank you. i did hope to be able to place the led far from the car body, but i guess due to space limitation, thats the best i can do. and if we check the other models, it seems like it is still the same issue where some of the light is being reflected direct on the car shoulder line as well.
Don't worry Amir, it's fine as it is. 8)
In our Golf 7.5 with the original puddle lights it is practically the same.
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

Great work Amir!!! ... I envy you on puddle lights mod:)
I kick started the puddle light project the same way as you did way back in 2017 but couldn't succeed due to lack of knowledge and naivity. I ended up installing Oznium 11mm bolt leds beneath the mirrors as puddle.. No OEM but working great:)

Recently was busy with many mods.. ambient lights, heated mirrors, door warning/exit lights, Helix woofer installation, etc..

Will share all the details soon whenever possible...

But then Corona thing stuck hard all of us unfortunately, being into health care, duty bound.. living on edge trying to protect and safeguard the health of people has been the top priority.

Hopefully the storm will pass soon..

Say Namaste with folding hands, avoid hand shake:)

God bless us all..

"Wherever the art of medicine is loved there is also a love of humanity"

Namaste:)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

benzinkopf wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:16 pm ... we also need to lockdown overhere (covid19)
patil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:03 pm But then Corona thing stuck hard all of us unfortunately, being into health care, duty bound.. living on edge trying to protect and safeguard the health of people has been the top priority.

Hopefully the storm will pass soon..

Say Namaste with folding hands, avoid hand shake:)

God bless us all..

"Wherever the art of medicine is loved there is also a love of humanity"

Namaste:)
Take good care of yourself, for your sake and that of your loved ones, among all of us who still have a little of brain left we will be able to beat it.

This virus is a small warning to humanity, we will see what happens in 2050 with the Super-bacterias. :lol:
And since money is DEBT, I am afraid that many mentally disturbed people who make huge/abusive amounts of money every day will go to their graves with their pockets full, or they will not be able to exchange it with anyone. :mrgreen:
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Benzinkopf's 2012 VW POLO 6R MK5 1.2TSI 105HP DSG

Post by benzinkopf »

Thanks Ciclo and Patil. Yes, its small warning with big impact if we dont deal with it appropriately. Today we understand the big risks played with the frontliners and thanks alot for that, that we are able to sit at home and wait. Hopefully everyone in this forum and all around the world are safe.

Now...I'm thinking how i can use the transparent ABS material and make a light pipe with single LED with output to at least 2 different positions for the ambient lighting.... especially between the interior door handle and the door side pocket.

patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Post by patil »

benzinkopf wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 am

Now...I'm thinking how i can use the transparent ABS material and make a light pipe with single LED with output to at least 2 different positions for the ambient lighting.... especially between the interior door handle and the door side pocket.

I don't know even it's possible to do the way you intend to do.

Let me warn you the door handle abs plastic is incredibly hard and difficult to make precise cuts. May be possible with your special skills and tools.. :mrgreen:

I simply took a simple route to fix my ambient leds, avoiding risk of damaging the door handles and replacement.
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

How about something like this:
?

(door handle in Golf 5, red LEDs from Audi)
Last edited by CNK on Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Thanks patil for the warning. Yes, i know its not easy with the door handle material and shape. but how you did then? just glue the light to the surface?

Thanks CnK for the suggestion. I like that oem way, but thats just the door handle area, i would think it is way practical if i can light up the door pocket as well with using a single LED source. But anyway, personally i would like to ‘hide’ the led source from my eyes, which from the golf 5/audi led above, it seems obvious that you can see the led
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Well. after more than 8 years and nearly 300,000km, this is what happen to the driver’s floor mat:

I’ve been thinking the best solution and accessories for this, but did not find any. As I need to stay safe at home now, I decided to proceed and made these at home. Printed a plate for the floormat and footrest, attached sheet metal stainless steel and done. For the floormat, ive to remove the carpet around the area to ensure smooth surface with the carpet.

Good thing, i can have the exact design as the paddle. so it’s consistent!
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

your mod is very nice.
however nicer part is 8 years and 3,00,000 km oddo reading.
keep raking up miles :)
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Thank you my friend. but keep ranking up might not be possible now[emoji23].
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Tested my desired position for ambient lighting on the door panel. (Might not be testing anymore, coz i cut already [emoji23])
Too bad im not able to channel the light source to the door handle. its too far and complicated. so i’ll just put one led in this position

I think its just about the right brightness for ambient lighting and its hard to capture the light, probably due to red led. But i think it works for me. A bit distribution to the window switch and the other side will distribute further down to door pocket. Maybe i’ll go for white/or yellow led later for more effective application.