WRC Front Bumper

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Neilchan
New
Drives: 6R

WRC Front Bumper

Post by Neilchan »

Hi, I was just wonder whether anybody has part numbers to all the pieces needed for the WRC front bumper, and approximately how much would it be for all the parts.

I've been looking around for one for a long time but the only ones I could find were ones on eBay for £499 and the parts were damaged.

Many thanks!
MichaelGallagher
New
Drives: 2010 6R 1.2 Petrol

Re: WRC Front Bumper

Post by MichaelGallagher »

Look at this thread. near the bottom of the first page. viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60057#p473265
hope this helps
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Shipping only GERMANY!
:oops:
Neilchan
New
Drives: 6R

Post by Neilchan »

Thanks guys! I've just sent an email to VW enquiring prices for all the parts needed for the front bumper so if they get back to me I'll post them on here. (They said they'll get back to me tomorrow)

I reckon it's going to be pretty expensive (£500+?) so I might have a look into the 6C GTI bumper, whether it'll fit or not?
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

iichel wrote:
Shipping only GERMANY!
:oops:
Nope - I live in Denmark - I have had shipments sent to my country! Just a matter of payment: Way of life...
UK: 15€
Cameron_dale26
New
Drives: GTI 6R

Post by Cameron_dale26 »

Hi guys I’m new here. I’ve got a polo GTI 6R and I’m desperate for the WRC style front bumper but I can’t find one for sale anywhere. Anyone know where I can source one or know who has one for sale ? Preferably UK based. Thanks.
the_whiteside
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI blue motion

Post by the_whiteside »

Is this a reasonable price for a bumper in primer finish?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 483363565/

£650 only in primer, no colour options.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

the_whiteside wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:58 pm Is this a reasonable price for a bumper in primer finish?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 483363565/

£650 only in primer, no colour options.
Genuine WRC bumpers are probably as rare as rocking horse 5h*t. I don’t know if it’s a reasonable price, but because of the rarity, the buyer knows there’ll be very few - if any - other sellers with a stock of brand new genuine WRC bumpers, so they’re able to set the price as high as they want to. If I was considering buying one, I’d be asking the seller for pictures of the reverse side of the bumper showing the VW part number which should help confirm it’s genuine. Also, if they’re boxed, the packaging should also include part number labelling and I’m assuming any printing on the packaging would include VW branding. Part number and packaging won’t be a guarantee that it’s a genuine part though, as a good copy might also include these details.

By way of price comparison; genuine used OEM 6r / 6c Polo front bumpers (not WRC) can be bought on sites such as eBay for £75 - £200 depending on condition. I don’t know how much brand new ones would be, but assuming they’d be in the region of £400 in primer (you could always ask your local VW dealer parts department for the actual price for comparison purposes), it shows that you’d be paying a price premium for a rare genuine WRC bumper.
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

In general 6R bumpers gti/ or wrc are a overpriced.
peter_dk25
Silver Member

Post by peter_dk25 »

amer6R wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:21 pm In general 6R bumpers gti/ or wrc are a overpriced.
Supply and demand..