Introducing my Lightning McQueen LM95

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Re: Introducing my Lightning McQueen LM95

Post by ag69 »

Steering Wheel with Paddles --> Added photos on 14 Dec 2021
To be very very honest, this was and is my dream. So hardly could sleep since fitting it yesterday (FINALLY after 3 years of theoretical study). Hope to write this thread with head than with heart :D so other can find this useful.

Dis-Assembly
Started around 11AM. First thing was disconnecting battery negative terminal, wrapped it in paper. Put in plastic bag and tie it with string.
Since working in garage, all thrown things were utilised :d

(Top cover on steering column was already removed).
There are two plastic notches on either side. One facing driver on each side. And one facing door or sides on each side.
Once those are pry open with plastic tool, you have to pull this assembly (with some force).
There are 3 clips locking it under instrument cluster.
Bottom cover can not be removed till we remove steering wheel.

Next inserted key in ignition and turn steering wheel. Behind steering wheel there are two rubber dimples. We punctured/open it with screw driver. Using a cutter we cut open to get better access.

Then started the fight with airbag :D
Actually it was dilemma of how much length of metal should be inserted. And some how we could not feel the metal clip inside. Then called a person who had previously removed airbags. But….
After around one hour of trying we could get airbag removed from one side but some how it was not getting released and could not come out. We tried inserting again and try again. This was delicate so took a lot of time.
Finally the airbag came out.
Then we pulled “White” tab and then released base “Yellow” coloured connector.
There is another connector which is connected to left side of steering controls. Unplug it. Now airbag can be taken out completely.

Airbag Image 1

You can check scratches here. You can guess how many times we would have tried.
Airbag Image 2

Airbag Wiring Harness

We kept Airbag on back seat facing headliner. There are so called instances where a static current had airbag exploding. Not sure if this is case but to be on safer side. We kept it properly.
Next we unscrewed the bolt holding steering.

We loosen it but did not take it out. Pulled steering wheel and once it was loose enough, we removed bolt and then took out steering wheel.
Since we wanted to replace combination switch with one that has cruise control. We carried out removing clip ring and combination switch. Now comes slip ring and combination switch.
There are two T20 screws on either side of combination switch. They go from top and we loosened it.
We applied tape so that slip ring remains as same state as original. Expect some degrees of movement.
There are few plastic tabs then we need to lift so slip rings comes loose and removed.

Un tighten a screw which is holding combination switch.
Once loose it comes out easily. Then there is tab which needs to be pulled out and then T41 connector is removed.
Now we have combination switch removed.

Cut zip tie which holds T41 terminal cables.
We inserted 4 different coloured wires in T41. And then got confused with 2 remaining wires which are same colour and two terminals.
Finally as suggested in (viewtopic.php?f=62&t=70394#p524914) inserted them in 2 slots.
Here the T41 slots have a notch and somehow wires will go in one direction only.

You would hear 2 clicks if you insert it correctly. Tied zip tie and started assembly procedure.

Assembly
Attached T41 connector to combination switch, this is straight and simple. There is a white sliding lock for T41. Pressed it and we are done.

Slide this entire assembly over steering column and tighten one screw and it is fixed.

We also added dust protector rubber for Stalks (Par Number is 12 41 358 from Opel).
Since it was very tight fit and we were scare that could break or damage stalks, we cut it and stretched it a lot and then slide it over. Now we installed slip ring. Since there is a notch to match and having tape applied to stop movement it was easy.

Here we made a mistake of attaching steering wheel before putting in bottom steering rack plastic cover. So removed it.
Installing bottom cover is bit tricky. There are two T20 screws which go from top and one T20 bolt which is from bottom. If you have right set of tool then bottom bolt is easy else it is irritating. Bolt felt few times and had to retrieve with magnet.

Old and New Steering wheels

Then we attached steering wheel. Images and YouTube videos I had seen had slot or straight line on both steering rod as well as steering wheel. However in my case it was a “dot” on steering rod and slot or line on steering wheel.

Misaligned a bit

Since there is very fine tuning available, we removed steering wheel couple of time to align it as close to perfect as possible.

Tighten the bolt. If I am not wrong the torque required is 50 but since we did not have that tool, it was feel.
While my friend tighten this bolt, I tried to hold the steering so there is no movement.

Then we checked if bottom plastic is placed correctly. There was even gap all around. (If this is not properly done it would make noise while turning).
Now the top plastic cover. There is rubber flap and it needs to inserted so that it does not get in between T41 wiring loom. There are 3 notches in back (under the instrument cluster). There needs to 2 gliding circular grooves on either side. 
So after some filling around we got upper cover in place.

Now airbag which was on back seat facing headlines;)
Pull the “White” clip outwards of “Yellow” connector. Insert “Yellow” connector and then push “White” tab which completes airbag wiring part.
Next we attached a connector to left side of steering wheel. It is simple. Now we align airbag and press it from top. Airbag is fixed now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gNAsg5 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Other end of cruise wires were separated and taped to prevent any mishap. This is Cruise Control is going to get completed soon.

Now comes the moment of truth, we unwrapped negative terminal connector and connected it to battery. We did not tighten it.
Ignition turned ON and we saw lights lit up and disappear in instrument. Only 2 remained on.
    • Parking Brake ie Hand Brake (Red coloured in left side of console)
    • Brake pedal (Green coloured in right side of console)

Then we pressed HORN - loudest of sound felt sweetest in world.
    Turned steering wheel left and checked HORN again.
    Turned steering wheel all way to right and checked HORN again.
    Then we turned on Lights and all lights on steering lit up.
    Specifically checked left and right shift paddles and Bang it was illuminated.

Left

Right

Complete View

So we switched off car. Tighten negative terminal.
    Started car again, connected VCDS and did Auto Scan.
    There were two old errors ( viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69996&start=75#p567169) and cleared it (while car engine was running) and was very pleased to see :

Parts Part Number:
      • Original Airbag — 6C0 880 201 C
      • Original Airbag Wiring — 6C0 971 584 C
      • Original Steering Wheel - 6C0 419 091 E
      • New Steering Wheel — 6C0 419 091 H
      • Dust Protector for Stalks (Opel) — 12 41 358

Parts used :
        • Screw drivers.
        • Cutter
        • Masking tape
        • Insulating Tape
        • Plastic Pry tools
        • Torx T20 scredriver
        • Torx <specific size don't remember> for steering bolt
        Zero coding were required.
        Paddles illumination worked out of box.

Though I will write and upload in details about triptronic experience. Here are few highlights:
        • With car in Manual Mode, right paddles shifts up and left paddle shifts down.
        • With car in Drive Mode and you use paddle, D1/2/3/4/5/6/7 display in instrument cluster changes to 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
        • With car in Manual Mode gear will not shift up till you press paddles. RPM goes high
        Here are few useful video links
        [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqdsYse ... ex=42&t=0s[/youtube]
        [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL8TxhG ... h&index=44[/youtube]

Thanks for seller in Poland, friend in UK and another to carry it . A lot of threads on multiple VW forums, read again and again to check how to remove airbag. Theory and practical completed.

last but not least
        iichel -- thank you !!!!
        viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69996#p523327
        ciclo -- thank you !!!!
        viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69996&start=30#p524011
        Both of you had replied at least 2 years ago.
        And benzinkopf, Patil, RUM4MO, CNK and all others - who's polos are inspiration for me (and all)
        Last edited by ag69 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
        ciclo
        Bling Bling Diamond Member
        Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

8)

Thank you for telling us in detail your experience in installing the MFSW with shift paddels... definitely a great improvement! Enjoy it!!!👌
        Now you must install the CCS wiring (BCM-ECU + both codings), the cruise control will also greatly improve your driving experience.
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Before publishing a small write up about two apps over the weekend.
        Could you please help me:

It is related to buttons on right side of MFSW.

Up and down buttons - toggles engine run time, temperatures.
        OK button - changed some trip.
        And phone and speak buttons are opening voice call on phone.
        Folder left and folder right — what do they do?

Obliviously they are doing nothing right now :|
        Do I need to be in specific menu for it to work?

All 5 controls on left side or volume up, volume down, next and previous and Mute are working as expected.

iichel
        Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The folder left and folder right, as you call them, are for the MFD+ (pixel display) to scroll between the different main menus.
        I see you don't have that, so it's logical that they don't work in your car.
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Thanks iichel.
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Skoda & Volkswagen Remote App For rear passengers

With virus threat around, least I get to do is sit in car and start it and listen to music.
        This way whatever battery life remaining is being extended :D
        My Polo has OEM music system - RCD320.

With cost effective mobile data music is nearly steamed from mobile phone.
        Honestly most of the times phone is being handled by someone sitting in passenger seat. So physical controls of music system are not too far away.
        Not to forget if car is switched on or you are driving it, you can override all controls through steering.

However, for a change I started car and sat in rear seat. iPhone was paired to RCD320 and music was streamed. But I could not reach the controls easily.
        (Easy fix -- move to front :D)
        So, started checking if I can get some handy app.

Navigated to iPhone --> Settings --> Bluetooth
        There was list of devices.

VW Radio connected
        Exploring it had these options.

Then navigate to iPhone --> Settings --> General --> About
        There was another entry "VW Radio"

And tapping on it gave me this:

Out of curiosity clicked on last link and was redirected to Skoda Remote App.

https://apps.apple.com/in/app/%C5%A1kod ... d738364552
        Looking at the size (5.8 MB) thought let’s give a try. After installing Skoda app

A cool Skoda logo. This is not a screenshot, so my finger is seen :( along with Assistive Touch

So, layout is very simple.

Eject icon on Left -- Ejects CD
        A Car icon in centre - Connects to Music System
        Menu icon on right - Legal and Terms

3 Rectangles on each side -- resembles to that on music system.
        Folder Previous and Folder Next icons
        A Speaker icon

A Round button has directional or left right up down option and "OK" controls. This works under different menus.
        There are handy links at bottom of screen. So as to move from one source to other.

Keep Speaker icon pressed, and it turns green and the circle below behaves like a volume control knob.
        This is bit tricky as you have to press volume/speaker button and then move in clockwise or anti clockwise direction.

One can change Radio frequency with this.

iPad variant is just 2x zoomed and it does not have crisp UI like on iPhone.

I don’t believe too much on ratings, but this app is surprisingly good.
        Also, what I found interesting is people with Skoda are have not had good or expected experience.

There was a VW Media Control App on same page. After installing Skoda Remote app, started with installing this huge 441 MB download app.
        https://apps.apple.com/in/app/volkswage ... d907018988

Now this is how VW Media Control App looks

And this is how VW Media Control App in Not working mode looks :D

Unknowingly in bunch of apps installed on iPhone. There was another on "Radio Remote Control"

After Long press "Power" button to pair. Following screens are available.

3 screens to do different actions.

Information about this app

Imprint about this app

Unfortunately, it was removed and found it somewhere on net.

Youtube Video is being uploaded.
        So once it is available will share it with you all.
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Finally a small video :

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... vZcbkvhWN0[/youtube]
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Sitting inside house and trying to perform in circus named "Work From Home" is a challenge.
        So relaxation comes in form of visiting few forums and came across couple of links on Russian forum.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/7631127/
        https://www.drive2.ru/l/7631127/

does anyone has a pdf or image of these cut outs?
        benzinkopf
        Gold Member
        Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

been thinking of that as well. but till now, i’m not quite sure where to get those exact material of the self adhesive carpet. so far i found lots of them are the thin and fine velvet type. not that medium rough as inside most cars that have them factory fitted. any idea?
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Neither do i have exact information. I was thinking of using boot carpet like material.
        About adhesive - no specific name.
        But given sort of time and availability, making a cardboard cutout template is not a bad option.
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

After a lot of searching, here are stencils for the doors.
        Thanks to Google Chrome Browser and run time Translator.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/513167091646334061/

Though these are for Polo sedan ie vento I assume they could be fit for 6R. Worst case rear door may need some alterations.
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Update -- 28 November 2020

With Work From Home and being preventing and not going out except necessity. We remain parked in respective slots ;) Car in garage and me inside house.
        Apart from usual TLC of wash and cleaning and small -- stretch your legs kind of drive. We have kept ourselves stranded.

Here is latest scan.

Code: Select all

Saturday,28,November,2020,07:11:41:47040
        VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
        VCDS Version: 20.4.2.0 (x64)  HEX-V2 CB: 0.4513.4
        Data version: 20200730 DS317.0
        www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WVWL14601FT043293   License Plate: MH12LM0095
        Mileage: 7200km-4473mi   Repair Order: 28-Nov-2020

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis Type: 60-VW25 (6N0)
        Scan: 01 02 03 04 08 09 15 17 19 25 44

VIN: WVWL14601FT043293   Mileage: 7200km-4473miles

01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
        02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
        03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
        04-Steering Angle -- Status: OK 0000
        08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
        09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
        15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
        17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
        19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
        25-Immobilizer -- Status: OK 0000
        44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Address 01: Engine (J623-CBZB)       Labels:. 03F-906-070-CBZ.clb
           Part No SW: 03F 906 070 KC    HW: 03F 907 309 AJ
           Component: SIMOS10.22AH10 6270  
           Revision: --H10---    Serial number:               
           Coding: 00250056230400080000
           Shop #: WSC 00793 648 00255
           ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM12TFS02103F906070KC 004006
           ROD: EV_ECM12TFS02103F906070FD_004.rod
           VCID: 6D84C0DFDD1A8263895-8038

No fault code found.
        Readiness: 0000 0000

Address 02: Auto Trans        Labels: 0AM-927-769.clb
           Part No SW: 0AM 300 065 N    HW: 0AM 927 769 D
           Component: GSG DSG AG7     431 6561  
           Revision: 00043014    Serial number: CU501407085037
           Coding: 0000020
           Shop #: WSC 63002 002 1048576
           VCID: 3A2E3B83D054E5DB5C7-806E

No fault code found.

Address 03: ABS Brakes (J104)       Labels:. 6R0-907-37x-ESP90.clb
           Part No SW: 6R0 907 379 BH    HW: 6R0 907 379 AS
           Component: ESP9.0i front H03 0001  
           Serial number: --------------
           Coding: 62DD2463422703C3461624724254C0800904
           Shop #: WSC 00788 648 00255
           ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1ESP90iBOSCH 003020
           ROD: EV_Brake1ESP90iBOSCH_003_VW21.rod
           VCID: 0554987FE5AA5A23615-8050

No fault code found.

Address 04: Steering Angle (G085)       Labels:* 6R0-959-654.clb
           Part No SW: 6R0 959 654     HW: 6R0 959 654 
           Component: LENKW.SENSOR  H07 0070  
           Serial number: 14081404650280
           Coding: 01
           Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
           ASAM Dataset: EV_LWSKLOVW25X 005001
           ROD: EV_LWSKLOVW25X.rod
           VCID: 7EA6F793807C09FB20F-802A

No fault code found.

Address 08: Auto HVAC (J255)       Labels: 6R0-907-044.clb
           Part No SW: 6R0 907 044 P    HW: 6R0 907 044 P
           Component: Climatronic   H12 0614  
           Revision: V0000000    
           VCID: 40DA496BBA88BF0B123-8014

No fault code found.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels:. 6R0-937-08x-09.clb
           Part No SW: 6R0 937 087 R    HW: 6R0 937 087 
           Component: BCM PQ25 H+4  H34 0424  
           Revision: BF034001    Serial number: 0681 233141094
           Coding: 3AB82BBF08B30000003800006C2B04900040414F608C0000200000000000
           Shop #: WSC 124697 483 00190
           VCID: 4CC26D5B86C06B6BFEB-8018

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 6R0 959 802 AL    HW: 6R0 959 802 AL  Labels: 6R0-959-802.CLB
           Component: -------------  006 5550 
           Serial number: 13102576140821120301
           Coding: 010000

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 6R0 959 801 AH    HW: 6R0 959 801 AH  Labels: 6R0-959-801.CLB
           Serial number: 13202579140804112607
           Coding: 010000

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 6C0 959 442     HW: 6C0 959 442 
           Component: E221__MFL-TAT  H03 0015 
           Serial number: 1201410594800708AA1B
           Coding: 250000

Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 6R0 959 811 L    HW: 6R0 959 811 L
           Serial number: 13102580140812095241
           Coding: 020000

Subsystem 5 - Part No SW: 6R0 959 812 L    HW: 6R0 959 812 L
           Serial number: 13202581140821150004
           Coding: 020000

No fault code found.

Address 15: Airbags (J234)       Labels:| 5K0-959-655.clb
           Part No SW: 6R0 959 655 J    HW: 6R0 959 655 J
           Component: VW10AirbagU06 H10 0020  
           Revision: --------    Serial number: 003GW00VFBN2
           Coding: 003036
           ASAM Dataset: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVW250 A01001
           ROD: EV_AirbaVW10BPAVW250.rod
           VCID: 49CC544F89327E43C5D-801C

No fault code found.

Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels:| 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
           Part No SW: 6RF 920 860 Q    HW: 6RF 920 860 Q
           Component: KOMBI         H02 0152  
           Serial number: 00000000000000
           Coding: 140800
           ASAM Dataset: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09 A04719
           ROD: EV_Kombi_UDS_VDD_RM09_004_VW25.rod
           VCID: 58EA810B429817CB4A3-800C

No fault code found.

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533)       Labels:. 6N0-909-901-6R.clb
           Part No SW: 6N0 909 901     HW: 6R0 937 087 
           Component: GW-K-CAN TP20 H34 0424  
           Revision: BF034001    
           Coding: 002300
           Shop #: WSC 124697 483 00190
           VCID: 70BAD9ABCAA86F8BA23-8024

No fault code found.

Address 25: Immobilizer (J334)       Labels:| 5K0-920-xxx-25.clb
           Part No SW: 5K0 953 234     HW: 5K0 953 234 
           Component: IMMO          H02 0152  
           Serial number:               
           Coding: 000000
           ASAM Dataset: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09 A03709
           ROD: EV_Immo_UDS_VDD_RM09_VW21.rod
           VCID: 6A8ECBC3ECF4955BEC7-803E

No fault code found.

Address 44: Steering Assist (J792)       Labels:* 6Rx-909-144-V1.clb
           Part No SW: 6RF 909 144 K    HW: 6RF 909 144 J
           Component: EPS_ECU       H44 0401  
           Coding: 0000
           ASAM Dataset: EV_SteerAssisUDSNSK 005005
           ROD: EV_SteerAssisUDSNSK.rod
           VCID: 54F2753B5E7033ABA6B-8000

No fault code found.

End----------(Elapsed Time: 01:04, VBatt start/end: 12.0V/12.3V)-----------

Reset SRI
        Once you click on it, you get following window:

"
        VCDS Release 20.4.2: SRI Reset-SRI1.CLB
        Control Module Part Number: 6RF 920 860 Q Labels: .*5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
        Component:KOMBI H02 0152, Coding:140800
        Operation: Please select an operation
        ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
        Channel Description Current val. New val.
        IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI ESI: Service Reminder Status Warning active ---
        IDE00510-ESI: distance driven from inspection ESI: Distance since Inspection 1300 km ---
        IDE00511-ESI: time from inspection ESI: Time since Inspection 456 d ---
        IDE00515-ESI: oil quality ESI: Oil Quality poor oil quality ---
        IDE00517-ESI: soot entry ESI: Soot Quantity 0 km ---
        IDE00518-ESI: thermal load ESI: Thermal Load 2900 km ---
        IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service SIA: Maximum Distance to Service 15000 km ---
        IDE01154-SIA: maximum value of time to service SIA: Maximum Time to Service 372 d ---
        FIX: Maximum Distance to Inspection --- ---
        FIX: Maximum Time to Inspection --- ---
        FIX: Distance since Inspection --- ---
        FIX: Time since Inspection --- ---
        ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"

Two Drop down options are displayed :

Operation: Reset FIX&ESI / INSP,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later)
        Operation: Reset ESI / OIL,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later)

Choosing first option Reset FIX&ESI / INSP,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later) resulted in :
        "

Address 17,6RF 920 860 Q,channel IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI,adapted from,Warning active ,to,Reset ,

Address 17,6RF 920 860 Q,channel IDE03351-FIX: Distance covered since last mileage-dependent inspection,adapted from,ERROR: Channel Not Available,to,0 km,

Address 17,6RF 920 860 Q,channel IDE03352-FIX: Time since last time-dependent inspection,adapted from,ERROR: Channel Not Available,to,0 d,

"

And choosing second option reset SRI Reset ESI / OIL,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later) :

Address 17,6RF 920 860 Q,channel IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI,adapted from,Reset ,to,Reset ,

Here is how it shows in logs :

"
        VCDS Release 20.4.2: SRI Reset-SRI1.CLB
        Control Module Part Number: 6RF 920 860 Q Labels: .*5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
        Component:KOMBI H02 0152, Coding:140800
        Operation: Reset ESI / OIL,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later)
        Channel Description Current val. New val.
        IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI ESI: Service Reminder Status Reset 0
        IDE00510-ESI: distance driven from inspection ESI: Distance since Inspection 0 km ---
        IDE00511-ESI: time from inspection ESI: Time since Inspection 0 d ---
        IDE00515-ESI: oil quality ESI: Oil Quality poor oil quality ---
        IDE00517-ESI: soot entry ESI: Soot Quantity 0 km ---
        IDE00518-ESI: thermal load ESI: Thermal Load 0 km ---
        IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service SIA: Maximum Distance to Service 15000 km ---
        IDE01154-SIA: maximum value of time to service SIA: Maximum Time to Service 372 d ---
        FIX: Maximum Distance to Inspection --- ---
        FIX: Maximum Time to Inspection --- ---
        FIX: Distance since Inspection --- ---
        FIX: Time since Inspection --- ---

"
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

Update -- 30 August 2021
        Tunnel Rubber Mat

Work From Home = Forced to clean cupboards and what not.
        Found one of many items bought but not used. 6RU 061 580.
        This is a rubber mat which is for covering tunnel hump. Usually we get 4 rubber mats as OEM accessories.
        Similar tunnel mat is sold by some of third party.
        Installation was dead simple.

Parts Part Number:
        • 6RU 061 580
        Parts used :
        • Plastic Pry Tool
        • Torx T25 Screw Driver
        Procedure
        • Unlock your car.
        • Open all four door -- a lot of natural light
        • Sit on center back ie 5th person place location with legs on either side of tunnel.
        • Gentle pry open the bottom plastic trim of center console
        • Using Torx 25 loosen up the screw.
        • Now if you have a plastic protection film on tunnel -- cut a round or square shaped hole to it.
        • If not then just take rubber mat.
        • Lift up center tunnel plastic trim
        • Slide the rubber mat with narrower side towards front
        • Rubber mat has velco pasted at bottom
        • Tighten the screw
        • Press fit the plastic trim
        Top View

Side View

Thanks for kind enough to read this. As writing this took more time than actually putting mat in place :D
        iichel
        Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

No offsense intended, but where do you live to have your car wrapped in plastic all the way down? :lol:
        ag69
        Silver Member

Post by ag69 »

hey -- that is quite a good observations.
        this is how it came from factory. Since car is used by me and in driver seat. rest of car is -- is quite like just out of assembly line condition :)
        And My car My rules - so rest (who don't obey/comply) we rent a car to travel ;).