Post by ciclo »

Love it. 8)
Franciswat
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.6 Bifuel

Re: Franciswat's Polo 6R 1.6 Bifuel

Post by Franciswat »

Thanks Fernando!

I'm now looking for genuine silicon cover. I asked my VW dealer but was told me It cannot be ordered. I'm a bit disappointed about that. I'll try ask an other VW dealer.

Next step -> blind spot radar calibration. 8)
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Good morning guys, I'd like to change 6R light switch with the 6C one but the connector is slighly different.
Can I solve the issue by cutting the plastic guides?

Polo 6C connector

Polo 6R connector

Or maybe can I find an housing like that with the plastic guides in the middle so I can simply replace the housing without cutting?

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Hello Francesco, any reason to change the 6R light switch for the 6C one?

The 6C light switch does not fit properly, physically speaking, it is left turned.
Electronically speaking it doesn't work properly for fog lights either.

This is the appropriate for 6R (Ref) in case it is an update for aesthetic reasons. :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=579959#p579959
Be careful if you buy it on Ali, you may buy a giraffe and they will send you an elephant. 😂
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Hi Fernando, thanks for sharing you saved me from buying an useless switch! Yes, replacement is only for aesthetic purpose. 8)

Since you got an original switch can you please tell me if chromed part looks satin (like chrome frame on MFSW or old style switch) or shiny like aliexpress replica? :D
ciclo wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:43 amBe careful if you buy it on Ali, you may buy a giraffe and they will send you an elephant. 😂
That happened many times.. It's kind a surprise any time. :lol:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

If you are lucky enough to get an Original VW light switch of this model (Ref), it belongs to the 2015 VW Tiguan sold in China, the chrome is beautiful, the quality is perfect, according to VW standards for current models.

It's not one of those low-quality glitzy silvers.
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Thanks Fernando, you have a picture in detail of your light switch installed?

I'd also like to replace the mirrors switch. I've already a 6c style one got on aliexpress but I'm not sure it's genuine (even if seller claimed so).
You know where to get an oem one or have a code I can search online?

I've seen you installed the new PDC module on your Polo, nice add. I've installed it sometime ago and works fine.
The only "issue" I faced is that sometime front PDC automatically switch on in the traffic. :lol:

I'ts a pity dynamic trajectory lines does not work. I think there's some incompatibility with steering wheel angle sensor. What you think?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=497056#p497056

6RD959565D 👌
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33009792 ... mainSearch

or 6C1959565A (black)

I haven't installed the new MQB unit for automatic OPS activation with the front sensors yet, the adapter harness is yet to arrive (Friday I guess).
What you're saying is normal for sometime to happen.
I think that for the trajectories to be displayed it is necessary to have an RVC High installed.
Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

Thanks Fernando.
ciclo wrote: I think that for the trajectories to be displayed it is necessary to have an RVC High installed.
No i mean this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/t7Mzz428PQSTUUbq7
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ah ok, like in my wife's Golf.
There are too many incompatibilities for dynamic trajectories to work on our 6Rs... I settle for OPS automatic activation.😊
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The 5Q0 8K PDC module is also installed in i.e. Beetle 5C and Jetta 1K + PR-AW0. These are both PQ25 cars. Perhaps you can find a dataset for this and get rid of the error for steering column.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Franciswat wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:10 pm Thanks Fernando.
ciclo wrote: I think that for the trajectories to be displayed it is necessary to have an RVC High installed.
No i mean this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/t7Mzz428PQSTUUbq7
ciclo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:41 pm Ah ok, like in my wife's Golf.
There are too many incompatibilities for dynamic trajectories to work on our 6Rs... I settle for OPS automatic activation.😊
It is very interesting to read this thread in its entirety, I only point to the information/conclusion posted by Robert 💎 (a hug from here 🤗):
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/side-as ... ost-358529

A few diamonds are involved in the thread, including a well-known one that walks in all universes.👌

---
iichel wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:43 pm The 5Q0 8K PDC module is also installed in i.e. Beetle 5C and Jetta 1K + PR-AW0. These are both PQ25 cars. Perhaps you can find a dataset for this and get rid of the error for steering column.
Thanks Michel 👍, I told Patil the same thing via email about the Jetta and the VCP.
I just looked again at the VCP server and this is what is available regarding the dataset:

Franciswat
Silver Member

Post by Franciswat »

ciclo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:41 pm Ah ok, like in my wife's Golf.
Yes, there are few good adds with 1k8 unit :!:
- automatic front pdc activation
- car's picture appear in a small popup overlapped to the radio
- sensor lines change to white or yellow according to car's direction (yellow = active direction)
- pulling reverse disable front pdc (don't remember if old unit did same) and viceversa

Since you are still waiting the adaptor I share few details I noticed during installation.

On T16 adaptor there are 2 extra pins (extra functions?) but we probably don't need.

In order to plug my adaptor I had to cut plastic guides on original T16 PDC front connector.

The 5Q0 8K PDC module is also installed in i.e. Beetle 5C and Jetta 1K + PR-AW0. These are both PQ25 cars. Perhaps you can find a dataset for this and get rid of the error for steering column.
Where do you find datasheet guys? My apologies but I'm completely ignorant on the subject.
I've asked Patil last year about the trajectory path. That's his reply:
That error cannot be erased due to missing steering wheel controls and not due to steering angle sensor. [...] That error is permanent, but it doesn't affect the function of autopark 1k8 module. Vehicle path display will not work on 6R, our gateway doesn't support the feature. You can activate, but the lines will remain static if you move the steering wheel.
It is very interesting to read this thread in its entirety, I only point to the information/conclusion posted by Robert 💎 (a hug from here 🤗):
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/side-as ... ost-358529
Thanks for sharing. :D
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Thanks for the information Francesco.
Some datasets can be obtained from the VCP server if you have paid the annual subscription, and others from the VW servers (erWin + etc)... but the most used are widely shared on the network (free).

When something has a monetary value... you already know what happens.
If you pay for it, it is highly likely that you will do well with the modifications, if you do not pay, anything can happen...😆
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Curiosity is a great poison... :)
Regarding T16/16 and 9 I have searched almost all the PQ25 EU (Amarok, Transporter, 6R, Jetta AW0, Beetle AW0, Up/eUP, etc...) and there is no assignment for these pins.

I assume it will be for some PQ25 model sold in China/Russia that has the wire/pin assignment for the PDC unit differently.
I seem to remember that there were PQ25 PDC units that did not work with the CAN Lines... I don't know if this is related.🤷‍♂️