Polo 6C basic headunit replacement

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MrGBD
New
Drives: 6C 1.2TSI

Polo 6C basic headunit replacement

Post by MrGBD »

Hi all,

I am the owner of a polo 6C 1.2tsi and I am looking for an head unit replacement (I have the very basic one without CarPlay / satnav). Would it be possible to replace this unit with a better one with CarPlay (without breaking the bank).

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Best
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: Polo 6C basic headunit replacement

Post by JaegerStriker »

what year is your car?
I've got a 2015 GTI and i've been speaking to the vw advisers online and they have said that i can get the carnet update installed and i have a the basic mib 2 unit. might be worth checking with the retailer.
i'm going to go speak to them as the online adviser said i just need to go in and get it installed but couldn't give me a price
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

JaegerStriker wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm what year is your car?
I've got a 2015 GTI and i've been speaking to the vw advisers online and they have said that i can get the carnet update installed and i have a the basic mib 2 unit. might be worth checking with the retailer.
i'm going to go speak to them as the online adviser said i just need to go in and get it installed but couldn't give me a price
i wouldn't believe them tbh.

unless you have the menu option on the display you probably can't get it installed.

i have an early 2015 6c and i have the right model unit but not quite the right version and i still can't get it installed.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

If your headunit’s compatible with app connect, I think the cost is around £220-£230 to have it activated by the dealer.

Not all head units are compatible; there’s a thread on the forum from a couple of years ago where a number of owners thought they could have it activated but couldn’t.

Edit; here’s the thread I referred to above;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691&hilit=App+connect
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by JaegerStriker »

Dink wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:37 pm
JaegerStriker wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm what year is your car?
i wouldn't believe them tbh.

unless you have the menu option on the display you probably can't get it installed.

i have an early 2015 6c and i have the right model unit but not quite the right version and i still can't get it installed.
trust me i dont ha. just going in out of curiosity
Marticroft
New
Drives: Polo Gti 6r

Post by Marticroft »

Did you have any joy with the request m8?
Andyb12398
New
Drives: 66 Polo GTI (6C)

Post by Andyb12398 »

Hello, I haven't used this before so apologies if I am doing this wrong, I have a 6c gti and want to install an android head unit. I ordered one from amazon and it fit where the old head unit went but it did not power on. I am confused to this as I believe it is meant to be plug and play. To my knowledge the 6c and 6r have the same connectors as when I unplugged the mib system I'm left with a quadlock and two antennas. Can android units be installed to polo 6c models?.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Maybe the CAN box is making issues? Or your radio isnt geting ACC power. You can read the manual sometimes you have to replace the two wires on the harness that came often yellow and red.
You can allways run the the red Accessory wire straight to fuse box that has 12+ Accessory power.