Favi's Polo 6R 1.2TSI Red Flash "strawberry" :)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Favi's Polo 6R 1.2TSI Red Flash "strawberry" :)

Post by ciclo »

I assume that you have previously feed fuse 37 from signal +75x. :?:

We need more details on the installed parts (Ref.) to get an idea of what may be happening with your heated seats.
Other 6R owners asked about this too but we never knew if they fixed their problems. :)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Probably, you need to add a new wire from the +75 rail to SB37a (input), otherwise your module is not receiving any power.
Fuse Box OEM.png
Fuse Box OEM.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 2568 times
Have a look at this image by ciclo, you can see that only 40-41-42 have a +75 rail in factory setup.
It's a red + black wire feeding it. You need to attach a wire to either this wire or directly to the +75 relay.

Here is the relay carrier for November 2009-April 2011.
2009 Nov.png
2009 Nov.png (527.42 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Remember, the x-relief relay is the Terminal 75 relay, the different name for the same device. It's number 10.
x-relief relay.png
x-relief relay.png (223.64 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
Anyway, this is like I understood it, you connected the power feed for the heated seat to an empty fuse box connection. Just add the power feed to SB37a and you're good to go.
favi
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R

Post by favi »

So... So I have to do this ... https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=521080#p521080
. I forgot about it :D MY bad ;/
iichel

Post by iichel »

Well, long story short, yes
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

favi wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:40 pm So... So I have to do this ... https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=521080#p521080
. I forgot about it :D MY bad ;/
Exactly, but be careful when you splice the new 2.5 mm2 wire, we do not want you to later experience problems with the fog lights, with the rear wiper, with the 12V socket or other devices.

Ideally, you must attach/crimp a new 2.5mm2 thickness wire to the J59 Relay output terminal, it's the way I did it, but it's not easy and you would need a special terminal and a big crimping tool to join the new 2.5mm2 wire along with the existing 4.0mm2 thickness wire.

However, after making calculations, it is possible to splice the new 2.5mm2 wire to the 4.0mm2 thick wire that reaches the small supply bar for the 75x signal.
It's a bit fair when it comes to amperage drawn with all mentioned devices running for that 4.0mm2 thick wire but may be enough. Ideally, the original wire should be 6.0mm2 thick (which is the thickness of the wire when the heated seats are factory installed).
iichel

Post by iichel »

Perhaps an easier option is to install a second x75 relay, i.e. operated by T17 red/black or T6 red/black from the ignition and feed SB37 in that way.
favi
Bronze Member

Post by favi »

Exactly, but be careful when you splice the new 2.5 mm2 wire, we do not want you to later experience problems with the fog lights, with the rear wiper, with the 12V socket or other devices.
I wiil be careful ;D

I think I will attach a 2.5mm wire ( in fuse box) and make a good connection - I will solder the splice.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

In that case you must be careful with the soldering iron. Do not burn parts of adjacent areas! :lol:
favi
Bronze Member

Post by favi »

Today I bought a new LED module (7PP941571AE Z01) because my old module was not working properly. While the daytime running lights were on, the high beam was not flashing.
VCDS - 0 errors,

After starting the engine, when AFS does headlamp leveling, low beam turns off for 1 second, turns on for 1 second, turns off for 1 second and turns back on and works. While driving, it happened once that it turned off for 1 second.
What's the problem?
I would like to add that it appeared some time after installing the module, and not immediately after assembly.

When I replace the module with the old one, there is no problem.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I remember reading these problems with the LED headlight modules somewhere, in this forum, in the Russian forum, or in the Indian forum, but since I did not install the LED headlights I don't remember where I read it. :|

I am sure that iichel, firegrafik, CNK, etc. can tell you exactly why this behavior of your LED headlights is due.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

ciclo wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:54 am I remember reading these problems with the LED headlight modules somewhere, in this forum, in the Russian forum, or in the Indian forum, but since I did not install the LED headlights I don't remember where I read it. :|

I am sure that iichel, firegrafik, CNK, etc. can tell you exactly why this behavior of your LED headlights is due.
Is there any better way to search or view topics on drive2.ru regarding polo 6r ?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Drive2.ru is a very well organized forum in which it is very easy to find what you are looking for.

Use the web search engine by introducing in the search terms the reference of the control unit or part about which you want to know something, often there are many topics, logbooks, etc dedicated to it, you can use the Google translator if it is your browser.
Sometimes it is necessary to be somewhat interpretive about you are reading. Translators have improved a lot and are improving every day, but languages are also continually evolving.

Then there are those who write erratically, and the translators' translations are ridicoulos and very very funny 🤣, ... and at least you have a good time.
favi
Bronze Member

Post by favi »

Hello ! :)
1. LED module - new Z01 - works !
2. Heated seats - works :)
now time for Heated windshield and HBA.
@ciclo Is there a lot of work to do with wiring harnesses for HBA?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

No more than other retrofits. :lol:

Things to keep in mind in your current wiring:
- The two high beams (HB) must be connected to the BCM. (PINs 1a, 1b)
- The 7E0 Stalks - BCM wiring, :arrow: the four wires, 38, 39, 40, 41.
- CAN lines for HBA, connected to the New CAN lines for the instrument cluster.
- In the area of the anti-dazzle mirror, the reverse signal wire is no longer necessary (if installed), the non-dimming function is performed by the new CAN lines for the HBA mirror.
- The relay for automatic lights is no longer necessary. (function by coding)

As you already know, here are the diagrams:
https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=503577#p503577

I recommend that you read this thread, maybe it will help you understand it better:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=75241

I do not know how your front fog lights are currently installed (due to the installation of the LED headlights), but if they are powered by the BCM (with SCLs), the relay dedicated to the fog lights in the automatic lights wiring is not necessary either (the signal-wire to BCM pin 7a is still necessary).

If an ocean of doubts arises in your mind regarding wiring, keep asking here ... :)
favi
Bronze Member

Post by favi »

I want to change my bcm.
I can buy used 7E0937090D from T6 LED
or buy new from russia 7E0937090E - for Polo Led
Witch will be better ?
Difefence between D and E?