Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Post by benzinkopf »

MaDwArLoCk wrote:Very interesting calibration method!

I am going for this mod as well! :)
Only with different radars type

Not sure about brightness menu.
Maybe solution in the IC eeprom?
is that mqb golf radar? I’m being conservative now with the 7e0 radar due to 7e0 bcm. but if it works, i might as well upgrade later. If u can, u can search for 3rd or 4th generation radar which will even support the rear cross traffic. Im sure it works well with your 5F discovery media! Oh and btw, static calibration might not be as bad as i thought earlier. seems like the dynamic calibration / automatic calibration does help alot anyway.

On the IC eeprom, yes. iichel did tell me before that theres something to change there, but im not sure which byte and where. I thot maybe my IC software version is quite latest and got enable by default. Any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member
Drives: Cross Polo 2010 TSI

Re: Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

Yes, MQB radars from golf 7.
It will work for sure! :D

There are two assistants i one! 8)
BSD (Side assist) and RTA (Rear Traffic Alert)
BSD is Ok but with RTA it’s more complicated and not completely clear for me.
For now i know that IC software should be 1xxx and ESP unit should support it, at least autostop function
Probably something more..

Send me your IC eeprom, i will check :wink:
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Re: Lane Change Assist (Side Assist) Installation to Polo 6R 2012 1.2TSI 77kW RHD

Post by benzinkopf »

MaDwArLoCk wrote:Yes, MQB radars from golf 7.
It will work for sure! :D

There are two assistants i one! 8)
BSD (Side assist) and RTA (Rear Traffic Alert)
BSD is Ok but with RTA it’s more complicated and not completely clear for me.
For now i know that IC software should be 1xxx and ESP unit should support it, at least autostop function
Probably something more..

Send me your IC eeprom, i will check :wink:
erm. Wow. but im a bit noobs here. do you mean: Sending IC eeprom means taking out the IC, dismantle and get to the chip using the eeprom reader and load the code and paste/send to you?

MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

benzinkopf wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:05 pm
erm. Wow. but im a bit noobs here. do you mean: Sending IC eeprom means taking out the IC, dismantle and get to the chip using the eeprom reader and load the code and paste/send to you?
Exactly! 😄
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

MaDwArLoCk wrote:
benzinkopf wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:05 pm
Exactly! [emoji1]
Ok. will PM you later. and i would like to know bout the GRAHigh as well[emoji1360] Btw, ur IC from Seat surely have the indicator for Lane change right?

benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

LED Indicator Alert Installation

Ok heres the LED installation photos inside the side mirror. Good is, there’s enough room inside there. Problem is the shape design of the LED module which is extremely difficult for me to just cut the shape on the mirror cover body. So I went on cutting bigger hole with simpler shape, made the 3D data for the mounting with that shape follow the actual module shape with 3Dprinter and glued from the back. With this method, i have to fill in the gap with epoxy, sand them and repaint. The main idea is to get this fitted flush to the mirror cover body so that i dont have to worry bout any noise due to aerodynamic in this area. and its more oem i guess.

ImageImage

benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

and its the same method with the activation button on the door a-pillar triangle trim. Oh i need to cut out the metal inside a bit to allow room for this button.

MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

benzinkopf wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:48 am
Ok. will PM you later. and i would like to know bout the GRAHigh as well[emoji1360] Btw, ur IC from Seat surely have the indicator for Lane change right?
There’s no component soldered on IC PCB. Just the Side assist icon on the dials.
But it’s possible to make it. Need to solder two leds some resistors and transistor.
I am going to do it later!
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

MaDwArLoCk wrote:
benzinkopf wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:48 am
There’s no component soldered on IC PCB. Just the Side assist icon on the dials.
But it’s possible to make it. Need to solder two leds some resistors and transistor.
I am going to do it later!
looking forward to that!!!

benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Hi everybody. Just a small update.

I received another Left radar and installed. straight away it seems like now both radars working perfectly fine.

last time, i’m unable to calibrate the left radar but the right radar can be calibrated successfully (both step 1 and step 2) within vcds and my home-made radar calibration fan.

This time, however, i can only finish the calibration step 1 on both side. but when starting the step 2, i got the ‘unknown’ status. not sure why yet. will have to test and check further.

ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Nice thread.
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Thanks ciclo. I just wanna share my findings as well as getting more input from others who might know in details the calibration processes and steps in vcds.

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Good job Amir
Lktuning
New
Drives: Vw Polo 6C 1.0 TSI Highline

Post by Lktuning »

Nice job 👍
danikd
Getting There!
Drives: Citigo

Post by danikd »

Nice retrofit!

There are some conditions for this retrofit? I will add this to my Citigo make retrofit list if its possible ...
I have 7E0 BCM ... what next?
Many thx for info. Daniel

Edit : Exactly I meen support in instrument cluster, because we are limited with SW ... dont know how to find that IC support it.