Installing Remote Locking

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
will3733
New
Drives: 2014

Re: Installing Remote Locking

Post by will3733 »

Hey do you know if the wiring is the same and if these kits would work on the 6C?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Yes should be as per my previous post wiring wise
will3733
New
Drives: 2014

Post by will3733 »

So I finally had some time today to try and install the remote onto the central locking system in my basic model 2014 6C and after I wrestled with the boot release lid mechanism and driver's side footwell panels I managed to locate what I thought were the correct locking wires going by the description of the 6r.

Instead of yellow/red there was a thick white and red cable and a thick brown cable coming from the door loom, however once I spliced them and connected them to my aftermarket remote unit the device did not make an audible tick like when I tested on a 12v dc power supply out of the car. I removed the inner door panel and discovered that these wires actually go to the what looks like the window motor.
image3.jpg
image5.jpg
When I put the keys in and tried to test the device I got an airbag warning light and airbag warning message on the dash, however as far as I know I have not touched anything to do with the airbags, hopefully nothing is damaged and I can reset the error with vcds.

I followed another set of wires to what looked like the other side of the door release handle and locking mechanism plug but I am unfamiliar with the colours so I gave up for today.
image4.jpg
I'm not sure that I wired the locking remote box correctly if anyone can confirm I would be very grateful, I followed the poor instructions figure C along with a 180ohm resistor.
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
tbakerr
New
Drives: 6R

Post by tbakerr »

alexperkins wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm VW Polo Mk V remote central locking unit instructions.

Remove boot release handle (unclip on side).
Remove screw and driver’s side kick panel, on right below steering wheel.
Locate wiring loom coming from door.
(Thin) blue wire = central locking control. (Green/yellow wire prior to May 2011).
Negative trigger. Pull this directly to ground to lock or via 180 Ohms to ground to unlock. Use 5 A cable lock connector.
(Thick) Red/yellow wire = +12 V permanent. Use 15 A cable lock connector.
(Thick) Brown wire = ground. Use 15 A cable lock connector.

:)

Hey Alex, just picked up this kit for 6R and was wondering if you can help me with installation? Are you okay to send me a PM when possible? Cheers!
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Hi mate. You wont be able to PM yet. Happy to help on here though. Ask any questions you have :)
PoloDaniel
New
Drives: Polo Mark 4

Post by PoloDaniel »

Hi all, this is my first post :),

I was interested in buying this kit from rclick, as I want install remote central locking for the car, instead it has key central locking on both passenger and drivers side doors.

https://www.rclick.co.uk/shop/index.php ... r=product

I own a mark 4 (9n3) Polo and have already bought an eBay kit. However I lacked the knowledge to connect it to the Polo's wiring system even with the help of a Haynes manual (note: I want to make sure the key entry as well as the remote fob entry would work on the car) but I still ended up giving up.

I saw that the rclick remote key kit comes with a 20 page manual. I don't suppose any of you have bought a similar kit - does the 20 page manual have detailed instructions on how to connect it to a polo mark 4's wiring?

Many Thanks
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Welcome

There’s a guide In the DIY guides section with a link to the 9N3 instructions :)
precious0_o
New
Drives: 2012 polo match s

Post by precious0_o »

Hi there,

Ive got a 2012 polo match s and im trying to get remote central locking fitted. Did any of you manage and if so, im willing to pay to get someone to fit it into my car, could any of you please help?

Kind Regards
precious0_o
New
Drives: 2012 polo match s

Post by precious0_o »

Hi there,

Ive got a 2012 polo match s and im trying to get remote central locking fitted. Did any of you manage and if so, im willing to pay to get someone to fit it into my car, could any of you please help?

Kind Regards
Dishwasher
New
Drives: 2010 6R S

Post by Dishwasher »

Hey precious0_o,

I'm going to try and retrofit remote locking to my 6R Polo S this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes :)

-Dishwasher.
Alik42080
New
Drives: 6r gti

Post by Alik42080 »

Hi guys, I’ve got a 6r gti and I would have thought it comes with remote central locking, I’ve tried coding a key with remote locking using vcds but I cant seem to find a module for it anywhere. Will I need to install a rclick kit or can I get away with installing a comfort central locking module? Thanks
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Alik42080 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 pm Hi guys, I’ve got a 6r gti and I would have thought it comes with remote central locking, I’ve tried coding a key with remote locking using vcds but I cant seem to find a module for it anywhere. Will I need to install a rclick kit or can I get away with installing a comfort central locking module? Thanks
Its under 09- Adaptations
ldngeez
New
Drives: 2014 s

Post by ldngeez »

Hi guys. Sorry to hijack the thread but my gf bought a 2014 polo without remote locking and the guy she bought it off have her a kit to make it remote. The instructions arent great was wonderful Ng if anyone could help with the wiring please.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG-20210506-WA0014.jpg
IMG-20210506-WA0014.jpg (150.32 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
IMG-20210506-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20210506-WA0015.jpg (191.34 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
giannis20vt
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6c MY2016 1.0 75Hp

Post by giannis20vt »

I am planning to connect a cheap module for remote locking to my 6C. The reason is i haven't find so far a solution to adapt the keys to my new cluster. I found a kit in my drawer and i decided to install it until i find the solution with my original keys.
The Kit have negative or positive trigger, but i don't know where i should connect those wires.
This it the diagram.

And this is the wiring from driver's door

Any thoughts about the connection between wires ?
The main issue is to find the wire (to the car) which triggers the locks.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

My guess would be a ground signal to one of t8f/ 1 3 4 5 7