Pierlu's Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Pierlu
Getting There!
Drives: Polo MY2015 1.2 TSI

Pierlu's Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline

Post by Pierlu »

Hello everyone

I'm Pierluigi and I'm from Italy. I'm opening this thread to share with you some mods I've done to my Polo and to improve it together ( :D )

I've bought it (or maybe, her) one year ago, it's a 1.2 TSI 16v 90hp (MY2015) and in the past months I've bought some parts to switch from Comfortline to uncomfortline (or at least less comfortline :P )

Factory optionals: Full led headlights, sunroof, parking sensors, mfa+ tacho, foldable exterior mirrors, climatronic, tinted back glasses, light/rain sensor and other minor things. Since I'm the second owner I cannot be sure about the real optional list (examples rims) because the previous owner done some downgrades before sell the car (15" steel rims with 10 years old tyres, 2 speakers instead of 6, no warning triangle, no spare tyre, lot of dust everywhere like someone how has done the WRC Championship, no service except for the oil change and no water to clean it in order to save the world etc... :x )

But now, let see how it looks 1 year after:

At this point the modifications that I've done are:
-Front+Rear GTI OEM bumper
-7x17" EVO Corse SanremoCorse rims (et35)
-Bilstein B12 kit (B8+Eibach Pro kit springs)
-Inoxcar exhaust
-Cleaning
-Restored the original 6 speakers audio system
-Polished all the car

And now, that's how the car was at the beginning:

And there's some photos while fitting the B12

Inoxcar Exhaust
And how it sounds

At this point I have other modifications to do...

First of all, I've bought everything that I need to fit a simil Audi S1 brake configuration (312mm disks at front and 272mm back)

The problem should be the coding (or maybe not), S1 brakes are coded with the value "70" in the ABS so I hope that it will be accepted

and than I have to fit a fresh K-Sport coilover set

And last but not least, I'm trying to understand if is possible to retrofit the sport button without the electrical suspensions (mmmh :?: ) but i think that will be enough time to discuss about these thinks

Thanks everyone for the time spent to read this post, and if you want you can find my car on Instagram (@dottor_diana) and see it in more detailed photos ;))

Thanks again and sorry for my english
ReVo
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI 2016

Re: Pierlu's Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline

Post by ReVo »

Those rims look great
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

Thanks! :D :D :D :D
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

Hello everyone, here's some pictures about the brakes and coilover upgrade

First of all, I've got the new calipers (a used set) in february, before fit them I've rebuit them because I wasn't sure that these calipers were in a good shape but once disassembled everything was ok (no piston grease and a lot of dirt but at the end all was fine, no broken part or damaged pistons but... but while rebuilding them I've accidentally broken the external dust cover Image

At the beginning I've underestimate the problem (it was only a circular piece of rubber but after have bought 4 different aftermarket kits and seen that no one was fitting, I've got a bit worried. Fortunately after some researches I've discovered that is not a problem of mine but this particular ATE part is replaceable only with a genuine part (so... ATE) which is sold only by Volkswagen (2 bosch kits, 1 Autofren and 1 quickbrake were useless in this case). So if someone is searching for this part (11.8102-5201.2 F8257-16 1K0698471B vw oem code) buy directly the original to avoid time losses...
Image Image

Once solved this problem everything went ok

I've also noticed that, SKF (the manufacturer of the new wheel bearing have modified the part, the new one haven't the locking ring

Here's some other photos
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I've also chosen to upgrade the rear brakes with the Audi S1 ones, so, using an adapter I've fitted the (232mm were too small :D ) and now I've a 312mm front a 272mm back configuration. There's only a problem, is not possibile to coding the ABS module for the correct sizes, so che maximum coding accepted is the 288/232mm one, which should be fine (I've not tested them yet :( )

ImageImageImage

P.S. If you want to see a full size image you can remove the .md or .th part from the link
Jay-Jay
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6R HL 1.2TSI 77kw, Audi S1 MY2018

Post by Jay-Jay »

Congratulations for all your work!
As I already told you on another topic, I have the same brake upgrades on my Polo and the 288/232 coding works fine.

How does your brake pedal feel?
Mine is not as high and stiff as before after the brake upgrade and I even installed braided lines...
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

Thank you so much! :D :D :D

I'm feeling the same with mine, the brake pedal feel a bit gummy (I've performed a full bleeding and there's no air in the system)

It's not much but with the other brakes the feeling wasn't this

At this point, anyone knows the engine code of a polo or a golf with the ea211 1.4 tsi? Because I'm looking for a turbo upgrade which should be plug & play (so I want to see how much could be cost this mod)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Isn't that the CPTA engine (140hp)? Or CZEA (150hp)
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

Thanks,

CPTA 10/12-05/14 so should be ea111

CZEA 01/14 -- so I think is ea211

I've checked a CZEA turbo and seems to be the correct one

-----Update

from the etka scheme, CZEA is ea211

1.2 turbo code 04E 145 713 Q
1.4 turbo code 04E 145 721 B

brakets are the same

1.2 pressure pipe code 04E 145 673 C
1.4 pressure pipe code 04E 145 673 E (not sure if the last letter means only a version rev but I've already changed mine with a golf mk7 1.4 tsi one (c letter) the last year :D and I've discovered it now so the turbo for the moment is Plug & play)

-----Update number 2

A seller is listing the turbo with this note

Code: Select all

Catalog numbers:
main number:
04E 145 704 S
replacement number:
04E 145 713 P
04E 145 721 D
04E 145 721 S
If, and only if, these code are correct... I don't need a turbo upgrade because 1.2 TSI and 1.4 TSI are sharing the same turbo :D (correct me if I'm wrong)
iichel

Post by iichel »

Find the differences....

1.4 TSI

1.2 TSI

Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

Mmh.. I'm not good at this game :roll:

Except for the servomotor valve, seems to be very similar. Also the downpipe in the etka is the same for CJZC (mine) and CZEA
iichel

Post by iichel »

To me the 1.4 TSI turbo looks a bit larger and I'd be surprised if one part would have two part numbers. So I don't think they're identical.
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

You're probably right because on the etka every part shared between 1.2 and 1.4 are listed together, (as 1.2-1.4 or CJZC,...,CZEA) but not the turbo, so why don't do that... At this point, to be 100% sure I should buy a 1.4 one and disassemble both to take some measurements but the internal parts are probably different
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

Just a few quick updates :D

1) After 3-400km and a new bleeding with vcds the brake pedal got back to the original feedback and now is the same as the original ones
2) I've coded the steering into dynamic mode (seems to be a bit harder and maybe precise but I'm not sure about that)
3) All the door panels now have new clips (original and not the cheapest version which were installed previously) and this is the difference
IMG_3607.jpg
IMG_3566.jpg

But at this point I have a question... with 312mm front brakes is possible to fit a 16" et43, 6.5j spare tyre? Or it wouldn't fit and touch on the caliper?
Last edited by Pierlu on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iichel

Post by iichel »

16 inch should fit. I think 6,5J at et43 should be fine
Pierlu
Getting There!

Post by Pierlu »

iichel wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:29 am 16 inch should fit. I think 6,5J at et43 should be fine
Ok, perfect

Thanks 😎😎