Another year & MOT complete; Same indifferent Dealer

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ihpj
Bronze Member

Another year & MOT complete; Same indifferent Dealer

Post by ihpj »

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well despite all the crazy.

It was MOT time for our Polo 6R so it was dutifully booked into our local Main Dealer. Last MOT they had stated (as advisory) the top strut mounts had some play but not excessive. So this year they had started to become noisy and at time of booking mentioned that I would like them changing.

So we get the call, telling us it had passed with only two advisories, neither of which were about the top mounts. So...I asked them what about the top mounts? What top mounts they asked; you know the ones that were an MOT advisory last year and the ones I reckon are making a knock sound very so often. Oh those top mounts, yes they’re fine no issues. So colour me surprised, I must have the worlds first set of self healing top mounts!

Now we have a VW Extended Warranty just for these eventualities because it’s only £200-odd for the year for comprehensive cover with zero excess - so I decided to dig in and fight it out. I was surprised at how reluctant the Dealer was to even investigate fully and submit a warranty claim. It happens quite regularly with them that they don’t seem want to follow through with things and I have to push them to get a result...but after many years of their chenanigans I’m prepared and it’s quite fun challenging them.

But it does make me concerned how many people fall for their fanciful stories and reluctance to follow through and just buckle...or just accept what they say first time and pay hand over fist for stuff they shouldn’t?

Long story short once I managed to encourage them to submit the warranty claim to VW it was accepted without issue - VW Extended warranty have been great yet again and the warranty has no doubt already paid for itself this year too.

When it’s time to renew warranty next Summer I’ll do it again without hesitation...I can’t recommend the VW warranty highly enough!