Throttle problem on my 6r

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rooby_roo
New

Throttle problem on my 6r

Post by rooby_roo »

Hi all, i have a 2012 1.2 polo, 44k on the clock. the car started playing up, and it was looking like it was the throttle pedal causing the problem so it was changed with a genuine one, it was ok for a week then the problem returned, this time the throttle body was changed, non genuine, was again ok for a week or so, but the problem returned, i drove it today and it was like in limp mode, then when i turned off and back on it was for about 500 yards but the the epc, eml, traction control and flat tyre lights came on and i lost all throttle, turned off and back on and it was for about 500 yards and again the same, all lights came back on and lost throttle, turned off and back on and i made it to my garage but was miss firing badly, i coded it yesterday and there were 4 codes all pointing towards the throttle pedal, but its had a brand new genuine one, any ideas as what could be causing all this, surely it cant be cause i non genuine throttle body wasnt used ??
rooby_roo
New

Re: Throttle problem on my 6r

Post by rooby_roo »

update on this , even thought no one replied, i bought a genuine 2nd hand throttle body and the car has been perfect since,