Intermittent elctrical problem Polo 6R bluemotion

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
adampe
New
Drives: 6R bluemotion 2014

Intermittent elctrical problem Polo 6R bluemotion

Post by adampe »

Have an ongoing intermittent issue with my electricals, and hope some one has an ide of what it is or what I can do, this is what happened:

in May, the car would blink as i was driving and all the electrics where shout down for a second and then started up again. no big problem... after a couple of weeks it get worse and it would blink 4-5 times in 10min and then a the red triangle on the dashboard was lighted, the motor was running but the headlights, blinkers, wipers where out and alot of errors was occurred in the screen. If i turned of the engine and started up again the problem was fixed for at least 1min.

I turned in the car to the mechanic, it cost 500 euro but they didnt fix the problem. they didnt get a faultcode.

about a month ago the rear light and blinkers (on the driver side) are not working (almost permanent), the bright side of this is that the old problem is gone but i need to get it fixed.

I have checked all the fuses an its all fine, and found some ground and clean them but i still doesent work, could it be the BCM?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Intermittent elctrical problem Polo 6R bluemotion

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe check the plugs on the BCM, if that does nothing, then look for a used BCM with the part number, it might not arrive with the exact correct coding, but it would let you know if things had got better, before you needed to correct the coding - that is if it was cheap enough.

I'd also be examining the relays and their mounting plate and the rest of the main power distribution system - ie fuse boxes and all their main feed wiring.