Seat Ibiza 6J, 2.0 TDI FR, Auto Lights Retrofit (BCM 88D)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MIH11MI6
Getting There!
Drives: 6J FR 2.0TFSI CDLJ AWD

Re: Seat Ibiza 6J, 2.0 TDI FR, Auto Lights Retrofit (BCM 88D)

Post by MIH11MI6 »

iichel wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:57 pm
MIH11MI6 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:49 pm Only annoying thing about the 6J current flow diagrams is on both it shows only bixenon configuration 7L6, not dual headlight. Assuming they would be different?
Well, yes and no. I think you can take the Polo 6R schemes for your ElsaWin for the headlights since it has the same BCM Max and T10 connector for the headlight.
You can then use the fuse box layout from your Ibiza schemes for the feed to the BCM for DRL, low and high beam.
In the Polo 6R they are SB39 and SB59 for low/high beam and SB57 for the DRL/fog lights.

The low beam and high beam on bi-xenon headlights are operated from the same BCM/stalk outputs as the H4/H7 headlights.
The high beam outputs on the BCM however are not listed in the schemes for the Polo 6R but are from a T6.

The high beams now come from T41/39 (stalks) and via SB34 (sometimes also and SB36) to to the headlights.
If you want to operate the high beams via BCM, that's possible. But then you need to wire the high beams via T73a/1 and T73b/1.
Otherwise you can either leave it (if your current setup uses SB34 AND SB36) or also use SB36, so that each high beam has its own fuse.

Have a look at this schematic that ciclo made for the new 7E0 stalks (return-to-center with BCM control for high beam).

Autolight 7E0.png
thanks, feel more comfortable that most of that makes sense to me :wink:

I have retrieved the dual headlight polo pinouts, I'm going to document the differences and compare with current loom to ensure consistency. I will feedback later this evening with my findings

Speak soon thanks :)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Cheers buddy, good luck and if you're perhaps willing to send me some PDFs, I'd be grateful.
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

iichel wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:37 pm Cheers buddy, good luck and if you're perhaps willing to send me some PDFs, I'd be grateful.
Absolutely happy to, let me know what you need and I'll email them to you :)
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Buy the BCM 7E0, it has better SW.
7H0 is also good, but 7E0 is better.

The BCM 088D totally discarded for your Ibiza.

Currently I no longer have the wiring diagrams for Seat. I removed the Elsa from the laptop.

If you want, you can upload the PDF files that you bought for your Ibiza 6J to a server and send me the link by private message so that I can download them.
In this way I can help in this thread.

---
I have seen this thread by chance.
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

ciclo wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:27 pm Buy the BCM 7E0, it has better SW.
7H0 is also good, but 7E0 is better.

The BCM 088D totally discarded for your Ibiza.

Currently I no longer have the wiring diagrams for Seat. I removed the Elsa from the laptop.

If you want, you can upload the PDF files that you bought for your Ibiza 6J to a server and send me the link by private message so that I can download them.
In this way I can help in this thread.

---
I have seen this thread by chance.
Hi Ciclo, thanks for getting involved!

I've sent you a PM with a link to the Seat wiring diagrams

Will take your advice on the 88D, 90 seems like much better option.

I've found this BCM Max on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-T ... SwE9hcXqvM

PN: 7E0937090B, will this be compatible?

any advice is much appreciated

thanks
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

I wish polo came with 2.0 tdi engine :cry:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Hi Matt.

I have been browsing on the publications that you have made in the different places of the network. You clearly like these mod/upgrade projects.
A beautiful Ibiza 8) , Amber 'R30PLE' (very cool plate).

I apologize for not paying attention to your posts when you posted them on the forum (I was really busy at the time, ...although now too).
I'll check my inbox and download the diagrams.

Any 7E0 BCM Max dated before the end of 2018 will be fine and will work properly on your Ibiza, it will manage all the lights correctly, including the automatic lights.
The BCM of the link to eBay is good, also this other :arrow: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-T ... SwlLdcXqzo

- Some BCM Max dated later than indicated have been detected in which the keys-remotes cannot be matched by traditional methods - VCDS - (channel 01 is not available).
It may be related to the NOTES indicated here :arrow: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... l_Matching

I recommend you read this thread in which you made the last post viewtopic.php?p=555509#p555509, maybe it will help you at some point in your update/projets.

I am not sure that the HBA is possible in the Ibiza 6J, it would be necessary to investigate compatible parts (Instrument cluster, mirror with HBA camera, etc).

Any real image from your Ibiza of the electrical parts to modify will help us enormously in this project (Automatic light switch -ref-, wires reaching the T17 connector -both sides -, fuse box, relais carrier - holder).
A recent autoscan, with the BCM 087 installed, will also help, it does not matter that it has faults due to the headlights or any other modifications you have made.

Then you can install the BCM Max at any time after you receive it, nor will it matter the logical faults, which will be corrected with the adaptation of the wiring.
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

ciclo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:26 am Hi Matt.

I have been browsing on the publications that you have made in the different places of the network. You clearly like these mod/upgrade projects.
A beautiful Ibiza 8) , Amber 'R30PLE' (very cool plate).

I apologize for not paying attention to your posts when you posted them on the forum (I was really busy at the time, ...although now too).
I'll check my inbox and download the diagrams.

Any 7E0 BCM Max dated before the end of 2018 will be fine and will work properly on your Ibiza, it will manage all the lights correctly, including the automatic lights.
The BCM of the link to eBay is good, also this other :arrow: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-T ... SwlLdcXqzo

- Some BCM Max dated later than indicated have been detected in which the keys-remotes cannot be matched by traditional methods - VCDS - (channel 01 is not available). Image
It may be related to the NOTES indicated here :arrow: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... l_Matching

I recommend you read this thread in which you made the last post viewtopic.php?p=555509#p555509, maybe it will help you at some point in your update/projets.

I am not sure that the HBA is possible in the Ibiza 6J, it would be necessary to investigate compatible parts (Instrument cluster, mirror with HBA camera, etc).

Any real image from your Ibiza of the electrical parts to modify will help us enormously in this project (Automatic light switch -ref-, wires reaching the T17 connector -both sides -, fuse box, relais carrier - holder).
A recent autoscan, with the BCM 087 installed, will also help, it does not matter that it has faults due to the headlights or any other modifications you have made.

Then you can install the BCM Max at any time after you receive it, nor will it matter the logical faults, which will be corrected with the adaptation of the wiring.
Thankyou Ciclo, your words are very kind, glad you like the car and the plate!

I have made an offer this morning on the 90C BCM you linked, just waiting to hear back from the seller, hoping to have this purchased before the end of the day.

Images for Auto Lights Switch:

https://i.imgur.com/RU7VLD4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XfUKHSV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uIeH5gh.jpg

There is only one relay currently in the relay holder, shown below

https://i.imgur.com/sTUzsIn.jpg

Please excuse the fuse box patches, this is my current 2.0tdi, not my project one, the project car has all been patched behind the fuse box in an OEM manner, however they are same production year, only about 50 VINs apart. I can get some more fusebox images of the new car if this isn't enough

https://i.imgur.com/cBM39dg.jpg

Current 17 pin switch wiring:

https://i.imgur.com/HbQaO7a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hQQkJQH.jpg

I can get an autoscan of the 87D in the new project later this week, car is at my friend's workshop so can plug it into VCDS then. you'll have to excuse all the error codes, there will be many as the car is currently stripped right back.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Thanks

Matt
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Everything is perfect, we already have a clear picture of what to do.👌

It is not necessary to perform an Autoscan with the BCM 087 installed at this time, just before installing the BCM Max, it is the only thing you should keep in mind.

However, in the Logs folder of the VCDS program will contain the autoscans that you have made and saved, the last one you made would be enough (faults don't matter).
It's also not worrying if you can't post the autoscan right now, don't worry for now. :wink:
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

ciclo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:19 am Everything is perfect, we already have a clear picture of what to do.👌

It is not necessary to perform an Autoscan with the BCM 087 installed at this time, just before installing the BCM Max, it is the only thing you should keep in mind.

However, in the Logs folder of the VCDS program will contain the autoscans that you have made and saved, the last one you made would be enough (faults don't matter).
It's also not worrying if you can't post the autoscan right now, don't worry for now. :wink:
okie doke that's all good then, pretty sure we have one of the best pictures overall for one of these retrofits.

BCM should be here tomorrow, i'll be sure to take an autoscan for the BCM long coding before the switch over, and a record of installed systems in the Canbus.

I shall continue with my pin mapping!
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

ciclo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:19 am Everything is perfect, we already have a clear picture of what to do.👌

Hi Ciclo, back again after a long day!

I have successfully mapped as many of the pins as possible for old and new for:

T17 Light Switch
T10 left headlight
T10 Right Headlight
T6f Headlight range switch

I have put my findings into an excel document, with comments to show any open points or explanations (snippet below)

I will private message both yourself an Iichel the link to the Excel, would you be happy to validate and if possible fill in any of the blanks (only about 4 where there is no description on the BCM pinout)

The Excel is in the same folder I shared to you both yesterday with the diagrams

BCM should be with me tomorrow or friday!

Thanks again

Matt
iichel

Post by iichel »

New headlight range regulator/dimmer switch T6/3 will have a wire from T73b/4

Remember you also need to add two permanent positive wires to the BCM, to T73a/68 and T73b/63 from the fuse box
Also, you need to add a permanent positive wire to T73b/11 for the DRL/fog lights if you have any.

T17/12 = auto setting? Then Yes, it goes to T73a/37

Can you save your XLS in an older version/compatibility? My Office version cannot read your comments.
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

iichel wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:56 pm New headlight range regulator/dimmer switch T6/3 will have a wire from T73b/4

Remember you also need to add two permanent positive wires to the BCM, to T73a/68 and T73b/63 from the fuse box
Also, you need to add a permanent positive wire to T73b/11 for the DRL/fog lights if you have any.

Can you save your XLS in an older version/compatibility? My Office version cannot read your comments.
Brilliant thanks for the info, will add it to the spreadsheet when I'm home (needed fresh air after all that)

Ill change the spreadsheet so you can see comments too, however you should be able to open the spreadsheet in browser and see comments. Will change anyway.

Speak soon
MIH11MI6
Getting There!

Post by MIH11MI6 »

iichel wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:56 pm New headlight range regulator/dimmer switch T6/3 will have a wire from T73b/4

Hi iichel,

New Excel document is uploaded in the drive, you should be able to see the comments no issue now :)

Let me know how you get on

Thanks
iichel

Post by iichel »

Excellent. Can you see the extra CAN lines from T73/54 and /57 to the instrument cluster in your wiring diagrams?