P10AA - Supercharger Clutch Not Closing

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Troy
New
Drives: 6R GTI (1.4 Twin Charged)

P10AA - Supercharger Clutch Not Closing

Post by Troy »

Back Story: My car was making a noise very similar to a failing flywheel and not giving any fault codes. When I opened the bonnet to investigate, I noticed the noise was coming from the other side of the engine. Then I realised I had started to lose coolant. Upon checking over the pulleys I noticed a lot of play in the waterpump/supercharger unit which lead me to believe this was my issue. I bought and replaced the part on my driveway. Now my original issues are fixed, but the vehicle is seriously lacking low end power. I have fault read the car and have the following codes: P10AA, P2262, 04041, 04075 and P177D.

I suspect the codes are being caused by the P10AA code (Supercharger Clutch Not Closing)

The other codes I could find information on are; P117D (Oxygen Sensor Too Rich) and P2262 (Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical)

My Question is; Have I got a faulty part, or am I missing something obvious?

Other Information: The car is the 6R GTI 1.4 180bhp, has not been remapped and it hasn't had any new modifications (in the last year) but it has got an aftermarket intake and a GFB DV+

The unit is definitely plugged in and my partner has the same engine in her A1 so I used that as a reference point and cannot find anything I haven't done. I have officially run out of ideas.

Any suggestions for things to check or information on the codes I couldn't find anything on would be greatly appreciated!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: P10AA - Supercharger Clutch Not Closing

Post by iichel »

is the connector of the magnetic clutch connected?
Troy
New
Drives: 6R GTI (1.4 Twin Charged)

Post by Troy »

Yes it’s definitely connected, but this morning I have had codes P10AB (excessive SC clutch wear) and P10AC (SC short circuit to earth).

I’m guessing it will be a wiring fault, I just need to find what’s causing it. I’ll take a look later on and update here if I find anything.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Have a look at the wiring for the supercharger:

ECU T94 (that's the big plug) pin 41 (purple wire) goes to T14/2 (coupling station) near the air filter on the left strut.
Then it will continue life as a purple red wire to the clutch, going to pin 2 on the supercharger clutch
Pin 1 of the clutch will lead in a blue/grey wire, changing to a white and black wire to the same coupling station pin 6.
From there on it is a blue and purple wire to fuse number 30 below the steering wheel. Might be worth checking that one out.

The connector/clutch are located on the coolant pump.

Check if the connector on the supercharger is seated correctly and has not suffered from water ingress.