Bluetooth audio receiver causes horrible noise on ignition

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jesse
New
Drives: 2017

Bluetooth audio receiver causes horrible noise on ignition

Post by jesse »

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. I recently bought a usb bluetooth receiver to stream music from my phone to the car stereo. The receiver (a Tunai Firefly: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TUNAI-Firefly- ... B01HXXJPWK) is powered by a USB adapter and outputs audio to the car's AUX port. For the power supply, I use a USB adapter in the cigarette lighter.

The receiver works fine but if the volume is on when I start the engine, I hear a loud and horrible screeching sound through the speakers. My temporary solution has so far been to just turn the volume down all the way before I turn off the car, but I'd like to find a fix that doesn't risk blowing up the speakers (and my eardrums).

I've seen no one else on the receiver's amazon page have this problem, so I suspect it must be that the cigarette lighter in the polo gets too high power during ignition. Has anyone here experienced something similar, and do you know a fix?

Many thanks,
Jesse

PS. I saw that some of the newer polos have the option of setting a max startup volume on the car audio system. I didn't find this on my 2013 Polo.