Comfort / Convenience opening stopped working [SOLVED]

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
marky9074
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Comfort / Convenience opening stopped working [SOLVED]

Post by marky9074 »

Just realised that my Comfort / Convenience opening has stopped working. I just checked with OBDeleven and all is turned on (except the menu item, which I have now just turned on for good measure). I changed the battery a month or so ago, so maybe it could be related to that? Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by marky9074 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heftyshooly
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.4 TDI BMT

Re: Comfort / Convenience opening stopped working

Post by heftyshooly »

After removing the battery you must recalibrate the window modules. There are a few guides online on how to do this, like this one, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dnXOQS5pU

Hope it helps!
marky9074
Getting There!

Post by marky9074 »

Thanks the the reply and help, but it seems not to be anything to do with one touch settings as these are working fine. Just to elaborate, nothing is working on the remote press - including the rear windows and pano roof.....
marky9074
Getting There!

Post by marky9074 »

I stand corrected! For anyone who has the same issues (and one touch seems to be working as expected):

https://www.fixya.com/cars/t24019148-re ... rtible_top

To surmise, get in, shut doors, turn ignition on. Hold down all window switches until they reach bottom, then release switches and hold all down again momentarily. Then hold up all window switches until they reach the top, then release switches and hold all up again momentarily. Repeat this at least four times, then switch off ignition. As a test I held unlock on the fob, and drivers window, rear passenger and roof opened... OK 50% working....

I raised all again, by using the fob lock, and tried again. This time all windows went down (and pano roof opened), and all went back up again when using the fob. All sorted.

What concerns me now is what else got screwed by loosing the battery for a couple of minutes.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Maybe your preset radio station, and fuel consumption and clock is reset.