Just bought a Polo GTI and I like some help with finding the name of a part on the car, thanks!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Schzay
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6R

Just bought a Polo GTI and I like some help with finding the name of a part on the car, thanks!

Post by Schzay »

Hi! I just recently bought a Polo GTI and there is a part that is broken on the rear bumper I think it's the diffuser? I don't know the name and I'd like to buy a new one if it's possible? I'll provide a picture, if it'll work :D

And also I'd like to change the gti grill to a normal one and ordered one online which said it would fit but got an email that it apparently won't? Is it possible to do that? XD If any one knows I would be so glad to hear!

Thank you for your time! :)
Attachments
1A36CB31-BC9F-436C-9158-2892577388CB.jpeg
1A36CB31-BC9F-436C-9158-2892577388CB.jpeg (324.46 KiB) Viewed 988 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Just bought a Polo GTI and I like some help with finding the name of a part on the car, thanks!

Post by iichel »

that is commonly referred to as a spoiler or diffuser.
FFA76
New
Drives: Polo 6R BlueGT

Re: Just bought a Polo GTI and I like some help with finding the name of a part on the car, thanks!

Post by FFA76 »

Or valance
Schzay
New

Post by Schzay »

Hi and thanks for the answers! But I can't find that part at all for my car? I've searched everywhere and I'd really like to replace it cause it got two cuts in it or I don't know how to describe it, it ain't 100% whole xD

It would be so nice if anybody could send a link or knew the oem name of it that'll fit! It's just a plastic part I don't know why it's so hard do find :/

Thanks again! Best wishes
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Google this: 6R6807568J
Last edited by peter_dk25 on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

You could fix it, and respray with bumper spray.
Schzay
New

Post by Schzay »

Hi guys, thanks for the answers and sorry for a late reply but I find it impossible to find any diffuser/valance that looks like the one I have at the moment :/
I'm not good with fixing stuff so to do it alone wouldn't be preferable I really just want to order one online but I can't seem to find anything? It's just that part that I want and not the entire rear bumper, surely there must be one to find anywhere? Thanks again for the help!
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Post by mirceaculita »

i got my tow hook cover from a certified parts dealer with the part number who got it straight from the factory... maybe you can try and go ask the dealer or some parts shop if they can order it directly from vw.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@Schzay; have you tried your local VW dealer? It’s likely to be quite expensive to buy a new diffuser from VW via the dealer, but probably the best chance of getting one, rather than waiting for a second hand one to turn up on an internet site.

Alternatively, car breakers can be a good source of used car parts that are removed from accident damaged cars. So assuming you have car breakers in Sweden, you could contact a few to see if they have any good condition rear diffusers for a 6r Polo GTi.
FFA76
New
Drives: Polo 6R BlueGT

Post by FFA76 »

You can order here:

https://originalteilemarkt.de/einsatz-3 ... 6R6807568J
Part is original and new. Good seller!

€ 143 + € 17,90 shipping to Sweden.